aberdeen-music

The Hurt Process + Dopamine + Dead Poetic + Beloved

lava p.

Guest highroller

why the rush? It wont sell out! Thats the SHIT thing about Aberdeen...This is an awesome line up. Paul has scored a cracker here...Beloved are AWESOME. I have been listening to their record for the last 4-5 months and its great. Dead Peoetic are a band im quite interested in as well...

Scene points lad, scene points :D

I'LL be the dude swanning round with the ticket closest to number one and when people have ticket numbers lower than me I grin to their face and then go and mutter about them selling out for a ticket and how my one's 'more real' than theirs...

I might actually go if hurt process supported Zebrahead and the brilliant Dopamine who ive still to see are playing should be good:).

Like Ben says its a shame it wont sell out but what can you do most of the kids out of the "scene" have not heard of some of these bands and will therefore decide that they would rather buy some cheap alcohol.

Guest highroller

*pulls stephen up*

dont duck man...i dislike them as well...they are actually going to get smoked by the other bands...i honestly know a band that would have gone over a lot better on the tbs dates than the hurt process did...and arent signed to bloody victory records and dont get all the same acclaim...

*pulls stephen up*

dont duck man...i dislike them as well...they are actually going to get smoked by the other bands...i honestly know a band that would have gone over a lot better on the tbs dates than the hurt process did...and arent signed to bloody victory records and dont get all the same acclaim...

dude the amount of bands in britain more deserving of that tour support is immense but one comes to mind in particular

SHOUTING MYKE

Yes imagine how good that lineup woulda been :D

why the rush? It wont sell out! Thats the SHIT thing about Aberdeen...This is an awesome line up. Paul has scored a cracker here...Beloved are AWESOME. I have been listening to their record for the last 4-5 months and its great. Dead Peoetic are a band im quite interested in as well...

Yeah, but how many gigs in Aberdeen actually sell-out? Very fucking few regardless of genre/scene apathy/whatever, just because Aberdeen is a small city. The line-up might be 'awesome' (wouldn't know meself), but there's still only gonna be a finite number of people who would go see these bands.

Think Lava is about 300, The Lemontree around 800, Dr Drakes 120 and Moshulu 900.

I can't think of many sold-out shows in the last coupl'a years, The Wildhearts, The Alabama 3 and Amen (I think) at The Lemontree. What about Finch and InMe? Capdown sold out their two nights at Lava didn't they? And I'm sure Hundred Reasons did too.

Spiritualized at Lemon Tree sold out really quick, InMe did when they played last year, Elton John at Pittodrie, Oasis has sold out before, Travis and Ocean Colour Scene? Stiff Little Fingers sold one of their gigs out at LT didn't they? Public Enemy at Music Hall, The Damned at the Forum and the Dead Kennedys at the forum? Coldplay at LT? The Music at LT? Psydoll at Drakes must have been almost sold out - 120 people in Drakes sounds insane when you think about it :)

Radiohead at A.E.C.C?

So many question marks - this game's quite fun!