aberdeen-music

KCHGH album streaming now!

HateEvent

Kchgh on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

25897_504912422693_339200132_153909_129103_n.jpg

--------------------------------

My band KCHGH (our attempt at trying to spell the sound of static/white noise) have been busy working on our debut outing.

Mixed and mastered by Ginge (PD audio production on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads) in his house (Dundee) Feb/March '10.

Album artwork by Greg Fisher.

Copies will be available for purchase as of the beginning of next week (April 12th). If you would like one please PM me! :)

Comments welcomed!

this is really good! my only minor criticism would be that sometimes the higher-pitched vocals don't work particularly well. i can see what he's trying to do with it but i don't think it's pulled off that effectively.

only a minor criticism though! the songs have clearly been very well-recorded too; overall, very good work!

dont like the vocals when he does the high pitched yelling, the tunes themselves sound pretty well put together on my laptop speakers

do you pull off the same clarity live? one of the things i loved about executive distraction tasks was that it was super fast and technical but you could hear every little note like the recordings.....

do you pull off the same clarity live? one of the things i loved about executive distraction tasks was that it was super fast and technical but you could hear every little note like the recordings.....

Yes, that's exactly how i felt about that. The fact that the guitar tone didn't lose any of the precision of the notes in either speed of play or recording quality (considering that it's compressed to fuck by myspace as well) is pretty damn good!

I don't step up my game for the recordings - I give it 100% every gig and make sure I do exactly what you listened to on the player. :up:

Thanks Phil and Hog! :)

I'm chuffed the myspace compress-the-fuck-and-make-it-sound-crap sound is still good. Consider how much fatter the disc is ;)

that wasnt meant to be a snidey comment jimmer, just meant does it come across the same way live?

lots of bands pull this type of recording off but then fail to translate it live and it's usually just a muddy mess of notes. obviously you know a lot about gear/tone and i wondered if you have managed to achieve the same clarity live as it comes across on record?

looking forward to catching it at some point!

that wasnt meant to be a snidey comment jimmer, just meant does it come across the same way live?

lots of bands pull this type of recording off but then fail to translate it live and it's usually just a muddy mess of notes. obviously you know a lot about gear/tone and i wondered if you have managed to achieve the same clarity live as it comes across on record?

looking forward to catching it at some point!

Na totally dude I never took it as snide at all man :)

I get what ya mean exactly - there's lots that can't transition it and do live what they record etc.

I'm all about playing live, I obviously wouldn't say I play it better live but it has a different feel (usually the tempo is stepped up) yet the same clarity/accuracy. :)

Ace, I'll keep everyone up to date as to shows and such!

:up:

dont like the vocals when he does the high pitched yelling, the tunes themselves sound pretty well put together on my laptop speakers

EDT were just unreal. I was at their first ever gig, and I missed it because I went for a piss. True story. They played for 4 minutes. Pretty much their demo barring the intro track.

I dig the jams alot. Reminded me of Psyopus, but perhaps not as fast. The guitar playing is silly-good. I actually prefer the vocals with the high pitched yelling. The grunts sound a bit stock for this sort of music whereas the yelps come as a bit of a surprise. Well in.

The tone of the guitar sounds marvellous too.

EDT were just unreal. I was at their first ever gig, and I missed it because I went for a piss. True story. They played for 4 minutes. Pretty much their demo barring the intro track.

I dig the jams alot. Reminded me of Psyopus, but perhaps not as fast. The guitar playing is silly-good. I actually prefer the vocals with the high pitched yelling. The grunts sound a bit stock for this sort of music whereas the yelps come as a bit of a surprise. Well in.

I'd prolly agree with you for the most part - I like em when they're abit more aggressive. definitely works better in some places than others. 'Docks' is an absolute beaut! I do think Sid's lower register sounds good too.

Were the latter tracks written earlier?

Thanks man, appreciate it.

Psyopus are definitely a clear influence in some of the sections!

'Docks' is an absolute beaut! I do think Sid's lower register sounds good too.

Were the latter tracks written earlier?

Yeah I adore Docks! Lots of fun to play too!

As for the writing order:

Corral

Death Is The Road To Awe

There Are No Real Trees

Backpack With 3 Straps

Docks

:up:

I think I've been to all but one of KCHGH's gigs and James can deffo pull it off amazingly well live. Anyway the EP sounds sick. Shall be getting a copy or two

Thanks man :) Glad you think so!

(bump ;) )