aberdeen-music

HOT CLUB DE PARIS + support :

I might go to this, saw them ages ago but have never managed along to any other Aberdeen gigs....gave the albums a spin last week, enjoyed them more than I did before for some reason...

Was the gig you went to the one with Uncle John & Whitelock and Hooker's Green No.1? That was their first ever Scottish show, if so.

Loved Hot Club.

Right hand left are like the Kirriemuir Thistle football team of music.

Fixed your post. They are one of the dullest bands I have seen in a long while, it did actually border on physical pain.

Had to dash just before the end of Hot Club, but I enjoyed them a lot. Carson Wells were on the money too. Nice evening, even if the crowd was a bit sparse...

carson wells are still my favourite abdn band. dead complicated but still really catchy tunes, it's a rare thing.

i saw rhl once, years ago and i remember thinking they sounded like the police. in a good way. i preferred them that time.

i enjoyed hcdp a whole bunch. they didn't play that one song i knew though.

Carson Wells made more sense in my head than they did the other time I saw them. I like that Lipstick song that RHL do, spunked it first though. A couple of the other tunes were OK, they arent the worst Ive seen. HCdP were pretty ace.

What the f**k is with the drinks pricing in that place Lager shandy for 2 = surprisingly cheap, can of Irn Bru for 1.75 = shockingly expensive. I handed over 80p because I thought the lass said 75p, near told her to pour it back into the can but the oppressive warmth of the venue meant my thirst was greater than my stinginess.