aberdeen-music

TEENAGE FANCLUB : The Warehouse - Tuesday 1st June : 7.00pm

• 4 weeks later...

One of my favourite gig going moments was during a Teenage Fanclub gig at Liquid when it was called Bonkers, some guy climbed up on the barrier and stagedived, unfortunately the only person in his trajectory was a wee lass who got totally wiped out. It was a shame and all, but it was fucking funny.

Not sure if her gets a say in it tbh, because Im almost certain he would have booked us already if it were up to him

You ever actually thought there MIGHT be better bands in Aberdeen suited for this bill than the Deportees? Or do you think you can bum your way onto it simply because you are part of the, "clique"? Almost certain he would have booked us already if it were up to him?! Really?

Yes, I'm almost certain he would have because, when I originally asked him, he said he'd try his best to get us on it. You may not like us, but I don't think there are many who would argue against us being a good band who are suited to this bill.

There is no clique; well, if there is, we're certainly not part of it. Tell me a single gig that we've 'bummed our way onto'. The same goes for my last band. We did not play ONE SINGLE support show at Moshulu in the last two years of our existence. And when you consider the fact that we played dozens of gigs per month all over Britain, I think accusing me of being part of a clique is ridiculous.

Also; grow some balls and use your real account not a gimmick. That really is pathetic.

One of my mates e-mailed about this ages ago, I recall asking what date it was on but not actually agreeing to go. He e-mailed the other day saying he had got tickets so I guess I'd better go. I haven't heard anything by them since 'Grand Prix'. Don't suppose they just do 'A Catholic Education' and 'Bandwagonesque'? That would be amazing.

Guest Gladstone
You ever actually thought there MIGHT be better bands in Aberdeen suited for this bill than the Deportees? Or do you think you can bum your way onto it simply because you are part of the, "clique"? Almost certain he would have booked us already if it were up to him?! Really?

Great first post, cockmunch.

Did Christy nail your bird?

Guest idol_wild

Ah, the age-old "clique" thing. It's coming up more and more. Only people who feel the need to validate themselves in some way go on about cliques and the like.

While I'm here, can you tell me about some of these bands who MIGHT be better and more suited to this bill than Deportees?