aberdeen-music

Steven Milne - Solo Album

Guest Gladstone

Excuse my ignorance - who's Myke Black?

Heard one of his tracks on Facebook and it made me want to cut my own face off. Affected Scottish accent, 'heartfelt' lyrics, standard folk-emo backing. So fucking soulless, which is the exact opposite of what he seems to be going for.

Apologies for offense caused etc etc, just my opinion.

Guest Gladstone
Heard one of his tracks on Facebook and it made me want to cut my own face off. Affected Scottish accent, 'heartfelt' lyrics, standard folk-emo backing. So fucking soulless, which is the exact opposite of what he seems to be going for.

I thought you were talking about Steven Milne for a minute there, and wondered if you were listening to the same tunes as I had been...!

Then I read the quote!

As much as i dont agree i did actually laugh out loud at that. Harsh yet funny....

Guest Gladstone

I can't stop listening to the song Saturdays.

It's a richt good tune, like, min.

It reminds me of being young and stupid, and going out and getting pished with a young and stupid Steven Milne when we were students. One night in particular when Steven stole a portable phone from a drinking establishment. Just the handset, so it was completely useless to anyone.

He's playing at 3pm at One Up the morn apparently, anyone in town, should nip along. I'll be being all rock and roll and stuff and laying slabs, so won't make it unfortunately!

Just came across this thread.

Thanks for all the kind words folks.

Album will be out soon.

Currently rehearsing with some esteemed colleagues to play the album out live - Micheal Chang (guitar + vox), Charley Buchan (guitar + vox), Ben Mcnab (accoustic + synth), Scott Maskame (drums) and Lewis Porter (bass).

While were working on getting the live element up to speed ill be putting the artwork and package together.

To be launched in the summer.

But as Callumn says (he has a preview copy i sent out) im playing one up tomorrow at 3pm (with the above team of guys playing with me) if anyone is at a loose end.

Mitch - Change is likely to be a Little Kicks Album two number, Itll be on the Little Kicks second album im pretty sure as its one of my personal favourites of the new songs ive written .

Guest Gladstone
Just came across this thread.

Thanks for all the kind words folks.

Album will be out soon.

Currently rehearsing with some esteemed colleagues to play the album out live - Micheal Chang (guitar + vox), Charley Buchan (guitar + vox), Ben Mcnab (accoustic + synth), Scott Maskame (drums) and Lewis Porter (bass).

While were working on getting the live element up to speed ill be putting the artwork and package together.

To be launched in the summer.

But as Callumn says (he has a preview copy i sent out) im playing one up tomorrow at 3pm (with the above team of guys playing with me) if anyone is at a loose end.

Mitch - Change is likely to be a Little Kicks Album two number, Itll be on the Little Kicks second album im pretty sure as its one of my personal favourites of the new songs ive written .

Nice one, Milner - up to your old tricks I see ;)

• 6 months later...

For anyone interested, the album comes out on Monday from One Up Records and everywhere online etc!

If you want to hear the album in full now - go to Spotify and search Steven Milne.

Or hear selected tracks at STEVEN MILNE on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

However, you can buy it NOW if you want to from the following links:

CD by post:

Steven Milne — Home

MP3 from I-tunes:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/steven-milne/id340399375?ign-mpt=uo%3D4