aberdeen-music

Gigs in the towns near aberdeen?

Revel78

Yes,

It'd be a pain the tits to organise but let's face it, audiences are hard as fuck to find these days and normal gigging strategies don't work for most bands in my opinion; first few gigs great, then once excitement is over you hit a wall of steadily diminishing attendance.

I agree with everything you're saying here. My big worry now is that now our band has got to a decent gigging standard, we will start to stagnate playing the same places in Aberdeen. Its hard to get all the band to come out of their comfort zone and do some different places. Also there is the costs of travelling far and wide (new bands rarely cover costs in that one). whilst I am lucky enough to be able to spend a bit of my own cash to do these things, its not the same for everyone.

Agreed that there is certainly an appreciation for live music in Montrose (even outside the festival). Iomega put on some good stuff at the Star once upon a time, but as has been pointed out, doing it even semi-regularly saw a hefty decline in attendance.

Putting on gigs at the Hillside Hall used to be like shooting fish in a barrel when I were a lad.

I agree with everything you're saying here. My big worry now is that now our band has got to a decent gigging standard, we will start to stagnate playing the same places in Aberdeen. Its hard to get all the band to come out of their comfort zone and do some different places. Also there is the costs of travelling far and wide (new bands rarely cover costs in that one). whilst I am lucky enough to be able to spend a bit of my own cash to do these things, its not the same for everyone.

I suppose that was a contributing factor to me ultimately deciding to leave Aberdeen - I was fed up playing the same places. I love Drummonds as a venue but you can only play the place so many times. It's all relative though - I should've known I'd end up playing the same places all the time in bloody Glasgow!