aberdeen-music

ESP LTD 5 string b 105 [active] bass guitar

aekido

ESP LTD 5 string b 105 [active] bass guitar

Perfectly fine ready to play working order, would just need some fresh strings

A lovely translucent green colour:

2232743521a2232814729b920005953o.jpg

Only photo I have of it, for some reason without the 5 string on it!

Originally payed about 600 for it at the time, looking for 250!

here's another photo of the model, to give a better view

58919_l.jpg

Nice of you to join up just to spam my thread

But no, I can assure you that I paid 600 at the time, and the specs of the linked bass is different

I was thinking less than half the price I paid was a good offer, guess not everyone is happy eh?

Anyway, yeah back on track.... Any takers? :)

Its not spam as this message is not mass produced and provides useful information to anyone who may be considering buying the bass.

Regardless of what you paid, its only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. How many times has this LTD been listed not resulting in a sale? Ever wondered why no one has bought it? I am merely trying to help you sell the bass by giving the reason why it hasent sold yet.

Your the one that got ripped off, so stop trying to rip other people off (IE someone who might be new to bass)

Its not spam as this message is not mass produced and provides useful information to anyone who may be considering buying the bass.

Regardless of what you paid, its only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. How many times has this LTD been listed not resulting in a sale? Ever wondered why no one has bought it? I am merely trying to help you sell the bass by giving the reason why it hasent sold yet.

Your the one that got ripped off, so stop trying to rip other people off (IE someone who might be new to bass)

Stop being a bellend, its up to him what he wants to charge.

Buy the bass or dont. easy.

Guest droid

Dude you are talking utter balderdash,i had a MIM Deluxe jazz bass for sale with a badass bridge for 350.No one wanted it on here,i sold it privately.:down:

no-one asked for your opinion

fuck off :D

Free country, I dont see anything in the rules to comment on prices here. No one asked for people supportive comments at the beginning of the thread, i dont see any problem in negative comments.

Stop being a bellend, its up to him what he wants to charge.

Buy the bass or dont. easy.

But if he sold the bass to someone who might not have as much knowledge of the marketplace, then they could get ripped off, in which case i would called the seller a bellend.

If he wants to sell it, and really needs the money, i suggest lowering the price. If he doesant its very unlikely he would sell it. However if morally and ethically he has no problem in selling a bass that is missing a string (and probably need a setup due to lack of string tension), the bass is not in as new condition for only 20 less, then good for him. I know i wouldnt do such a thing.

For example, if someone did buy it, they would have to probably by a new string set costing around 20 and have it resetup 20+, which results in a second hand bass that costs more then it does new.

Dude you are talking utter balderdash,i had a MIM Deluxe jazz bass for sale with a badass bridge for 350.No one wanted it on here,i sold it privately.:down:

What are you trying to say here?

I find it hilarious that people support the OP and state how much of a bargain it is, when it clearly is NOT.

I can't believe you joined this forum to contribute solely to this thread.

My lack of faith in buying blindly (via internet undercutters such as GAK) would be reason enough to consider buying it when I can actually see it and try it pre purchase. If stores were selling it in the shop for said price, it'd be a different story.

GAK - and similar - 's buying power allows them to buy such quantity for reduced price and then sell it on for cheaper than most "regular" shops actually buy it from the distributors for.

The OP has obviously went somewhere and tried it, then purchased it for a price that isn't that of an online box shifting establishment. Therefore, he is pricing it accordingly to what "regular" places would sell such an item for.

Anyway, the spec of the current B-105 has changed from the one being offered here to the model you linked. Built in completely different factories to a different level of quality and so forth.

As mentioned by others - if someone wants it at this price from this seller, they'll buy it. If not, like yourself, they won't.

No cheek, no chance and all of that.

:up:

I can't believe you joined this forum to contribute solely to this thread.

My lack of faith in buying blindly (via internet undercutters such as GAK) would be reason enough to consider buying it when I can actually see it and try it pre purchase. If stores were selling it in the shop for said price, it'd be a different story.

GAK - and similar - 's buying power allows them to buy such quantity for reduced price and then sell it on for cheaper than most "regular" shops actually buy it from the distributors for.

The OP has obviously went somewhere and tried it, then purchased it for a price that isn't that of an online box shifting establishment. Therefore, he is pricing it accordingly to what "regular" places would sell such an item for.

Anyway, the spec of the current B-105 has changed from the one being offered here to the model you linked. Built in completely different factories to a different level of quality and so forth.

As mentioned by others - if someone wants it at this price from this seller, they'll buy it. If not, like yourself, they won't.

No cheek, no chance and all of that.

:up:

In which case, if people truely wanted to support the industry, they should go out and buy new from one of the undiscounted shops. Not buy from the op second hand.

Maybe the op by your reasoning should try and sell it in a shop and not online. Online it would not be successful, because people ( Like me) can see its not good value)

Give me proof on a change of factory and i will rescind my comment, either way the spec is the same on paper apart from the move to Chrome hardware. And the only factory change i am aware of is moving from Indonesia to Korea, of which are similar quality.

OP, is this LTD a Korean or a Indonesian one?

Free country, I dont see anything in the rules to comment on prices here. No one asked for people supportive comments at the beginning of the thread, i dont see any problem in negative comments.

You should get off the "free country" high horse - it's not about rules. It is possible in a free country to eat one's own faeces, but that doesn't make it a good idea. It is bad form and shows poor etiquette to barge into someone's thread and attempt to derail it with dissent about the price etc. Show your dissatisfaction by not buying the item or if you absolutely must take up the issue with the seller then do it in private.

What you're doing here is the equivalent of stomping into a shop armed with a small box and a megaphone, throwing the box down on the floor with a crash in the middle of the shop on a Saturday afternoon, getting on said box and proceeding to complain loudly about the price of an item through the megaphone. Let's see how far you get with that one before you get turfed out.

It's a general consensus that sabotaging someones sale is bad form. Chit chat in general in For Sale threads seems to be frowned upon, as they just spiral into nonsensical debate. Obviously you don't want to buy the bass, so why chime in? No on else has a problem with the price.

Does matter, no one is on your side and all know your wrong.

HateEvent is always right when it comes to guitars, he knows his stuff and has worked in a music shop for years.

Where do you get your knowledge? The Internet.

Wow way to make blanket assumptions there mate. I worked in music retail for 8 years, i am a moderator on one of the worlds biggest bass specific websites in the world and I go on tour around europe every year. By what criteria do you judge me unfit to state an opinion?

You should get off the "free country" high horse - it's not about rules. It is possible in a free country to eat one's own faeces, but that doesn't make it a good idea. It is bad form and shows poor etiquette to barge into someone's thread and attempt to derail it with dissent about the price etc.

Welcome to the Internet! You must be new!

I find it bad form to try and sell a second hand bass for what is around trade price.

You realise that line is utter BS, you cant walk into a shop and demand that they let you buy E.g a carton of Orange juice that they want 2 pound for and say "ill give you a pound"

Wow, who said i demanded anything?

I was making a suggestion as to why the bass had not sold. You know for over a year?

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/equipment/58516-fs-esp-ltd-5-string-bass-guitar.html

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/equipment/54225-sale-esp-5-string-bass.html

And like a previous poster mentioned, i meant buying as a whole.

It's a general consensus that sabotaging someones sale is bad form. Chit chat in general in For Sale threads seems to be frowned upon, as they just spiral into nonsensical debate. Obviously you don't want to buy the bass, so why chime in? No on else has a problem with the price.

I just dont want people to buy something overpriced thats all. If a friend of mine wanted to buy a car which i knew was overpriced and knew where he could it cheaper, i would tell him. They can then make an informed decision on where to buy.

I usually just PM people if I see prices lower than theirs that I think that they might not be aware of, instead of shite-ing all over their thread. Admittedly, you could have done this on a non-regular poster's thread and nobody would have jumped in, but that's not the point.

I just dont want people to buy something overpriced thats all. If a friend of mine wanted to buy a car which i knew was overpriced and knew where he could it cheaper, i would tell him. They can then make an informed decision on where to buy.

But clearly no one really appreciates you jumping in and playing the role of the bargain super hero, so why keep it going? You keep reiterating your point. No one agrees with you. Let it go. Let the guy sell his bass. If someone wants to pay that price, and thinks it is worth that price, they will. It affects you a princely zero percent.

In which case, if people truely wanted to support the industry, they should go out and buy new from one of the undiscounted shops. Not buy from the op second hand.

Maybe the op by your reasoning should try and sell it in a shop and not online. Online it would not be successful, because people ( Like me) can see its not good value)

Give me proof on a change of factory and i will rescind my comment, either way the spec is the same on paper apart from the move to Chrome hardware. And the only factory change i am aware of is moving from Indonesia to Korea, of which are similar quality.

OP, is this LTD a Korean or a Indonesian one?

You need to get out more.

Hate Event pawns your soul regarding ESP knowledge.