aberdeen-music

Recording with V-Drums

Circus Hands

Guest droid
Steven Slate Drums is well respected and cheaper than 250. I have the EX version.

It's cheaper than 250 and judging by the demo i can understand why.In my opinion the quality of the sounds of the kits i listened to on the demo's aren't a patch on addictive drums.250 is bloody expensive if you are on a low budget,then there are the add packs.

It's cheaper than 250 and judging by the demo i can understand why.In my opinion the quality of the sounds of the kits i listened to on the demo's aren't a patch on addictive drums.250 is bloody expensive if you are on a low budget,then there are the add packs.

I personally don't see it that way. I compared the video demos of each and the audio demos against the audio demos, I can't hear that one is significantly better than the other. They merely sound like different, well-recorded drum kits. Steven Slate drums seems to have more powerful bass drum sounds in general. I would suggest there are particularly styles where one may excel over the other also.

Steven Slate Drum Samples are well respected and used by many industry professionals. Many sound engineers on other forums I post on are big fans. If the original poster prefers the sound of Addictive Drums and their budget extends to it, then that is great but it's not the only thing worth considering.

I am listening through KRK K-Rok II studio monitors and RME converters, if it makes a difference.

Guest droid
I personally don't see it that way. I compared the video demos of each and the audio demos against the audio demos, I can't hear that one is significantly better than the other. They merely sound like different, well-recorded drum kits. Steven Slate drums seems to have more powerful bass drum sounds in general. I would suggest there are particularly styles where one may excel over the other also.

Steven Slate Drum Samples are well respected and used by many industry professionals. Many sound engineers on other forums I post on are big fans. If the original poster prefers the sound of Addictive Drums and their budget extends to it, then that is great but it's not the only thing worth considering.

I am listening through KRK K-Rok II studio monitors and RME converters, if it makes a difference.

How can you say that,your software has"more powerful bass drums" when you don't have addictive drums,that is going to be down to editing the sampler and eq in the software.I'm listening to your software demo through B and W monitors and apogee converters and i can tell you there is a marked difference in my opinion.Addictive drums excel over all range of styles and are very versatile,they also have top engineer endorsements too....all good though.Also check out toon tracks ez drummer software,

How can you say that,your software has"more powerful bass drums" when you don't have addictive drums,that is going to be down to editing the sampler and eq in the software.I'm listening to your software demo through B and W monitors and apogee converters and i can tell you there is a marked difference in my opinion.Addictive drums excel over all range of styles and are very versatile,they also have top engineer endorsements too....all good though.Also check out toon tracks ez drummer software,

I never said one was better. I just comment on what it sounded like to my ears (using only internet demos which aren't a replacement for first hand experience). Your ears might be better than mine but it is possible that drum sounds preferences are subjective and down to personal taste.

Guest droid
I never said one was better. I just comment on what it sounded like to my ears (using only internet demos which aren't a replacement for first hand experience). Your ears might be better than mine but it is possible that drum sounds preferences are subjective and down to personal taste.

Absolutely,but an audiophile like yourself should be able to tell the difference in the quality of the sounds.:up: