aberdeen-music

Three Knots New Band

Three-knots

Thank you for the positive remarks and constructive criticisms. It's all welcomed. I've never actually heard the little kicks before so i'll check them out.

With regards to us playing live we are playing next on the 26th june with deportees at the tunnels I believe. We'll hopefully get something organised sooner than then, but at the moment we're just working on some more material for shows.

As well there should be a new song and remix up on the myspace within the end of the week so keep yer eyes and ears peeled.

austin

This is gonna be a shit-hot gig

0.45 - 1.00 on "Conceded". Guitar sound, vocal melody, drums sounds a bit like the Little Kicks to my ears. No criticism. I think this band are ok.

Its the kick drum.

Were pretty bad (well im pretty bad at suggesting it 24/7) for having a constant kick in a lot of our songs with clean guitars over it.

I can kinda see what you mean.

These guys sound good though, nice to see a new band in Aberdeen coming through who dont sound like 1994 dadrock.

Guest Gladstone

Were pretty bad (well im pretty bad at suggesting it 24/7) for having a constant kick in a lot of our songs with clean guitars over it.

Fuck all wrong with that Milner. Keeps it upbeat and catchy.

Its the kick drum.

I can kinda see what you mean.

These guys sound good though, nice to see a new band in Aberdeen coming through who dont sound like 1994 dadrock.

Im bad for suggesting this to the band pretty much all the time for music I come up with, but if it fits the music and creates a pulsing, danceable sound then I will use it. I say we utilise it in around 3 songs but keep it fresh each time. I agree with Gladstone that it keeps it upbeat and catchy but I wouldn't want it to be a trademark of our band.

I have to disagree, I think the Vocals are quality, I attended Drummonds a while back to watch my friends band....three knots were on after, and I found myself enjoying them a whole lot more. I think it's difficult to say "they're like such and such a body", as I think they have their own distinctive sound. It's a sound I enjoy and I find myself on their myspace quite regularly, the lyrics mixed with the upbeat music is brilliant. Keep on playing three knots, I'm sure you'll go far :)

• 4 weeks later...