aberdeen-music

Three Knots New Band

Three-knots

Hello there

We are Three Knots, a new local band from Stonehaven. We've already played a few gigs with some good feedback and was just wondering if anyone on these boards had constructive criticism to some of our tracks.

We have three up on our myspace just now and a gig this friday at Drummonds so please feel free to comment and add us.

Three Knots on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

cheers folks

it's got a lot of potential, there's a great sound there.

on french microwaves, who's singing and where are they from? does he always say 'ere instead of here? it's really really annoying and indeed the whole phrasing of the vocals sounds a little contrived. it sounds like he's got a good voice, just need to make it sound more natural. the other songs are a bit better vocal wise but the singing still sounds a bit over theatrical.

good work though and nice to see another stoney band coming through, particularly an interesting one. any other gigs soon?

• 2 weeks later...

Guys - you're fantastic. I've seen you live and would recommend anybody who hasn't seen you to get out to one of your gigs and see what real songwriting and arranging is all about.

With regard to the vocal style - Neil Young, Tom Waits, Anthony and the Johnsons, Nick Cave, Bon Iver etc etc Need I say more.

There's plenty of run of the mill bands out there following the same tired, fomulaic approach (what - no guitar solos?) You guys are good enough to do your own thing. If there's any justice you'll go a long way. Best stuff I've heard for years.

Guys - you're fantastic. I've seen you live and would recommend anybody who hasn't seen you to get out to one of your gigs and see what real songwriting and arranging is all about.

With regard to the vocal style - Neil Young, Tom Waits, Anthony and the Johnsons, Nick Cave, Bon Iver etc etc Need I say more.

There's plenty of run of the mill bands out there following the same tired, fomulaic approach (what - no guitar solos?) You guys are good enough to do your own thing. If there's any justice you'll go a long way. Best stuff I've heard for years.

I disagree with most, if not all, of this. I think they sound like loads of other bands I've heard. I actually think the second song sounds like the Little Kicks?!

Decent like, but it's not blowing my mind. Will no doubt catch them live one day soon....

ha, first post, over egging the pudding on a new band in the area, it points to only one thing. you're either in the band or you're their best mate.

I don't get the gripe about the vocals being annoying. The guy clearly has a good voice that is very listenable. I also don't hear how they sound like the Little Kicks in any way shape or form. Like at all.

3 excellent songs there imo.

0.45 - 1.00 on "Conceded". Guitar sound, vocal melody, drums sounds a bit like the Little Kicks to my ears. No criticism. I think this band are ok.

0.45 - 1.00 on "Conceded". Guitar sound, vocal melody, drums sounds a bit like the Little Kicks to my ears. No criticism. I think this band are ok.

Maybe for a brief moment but that's as far as the likeness goes to my ears.

I'd make a point of going to see this band live I reckon.

Maybe for a brief moment but that's as far as the likeness goes to my ears.

I'd make a point of going to see this band live I reckon.

That's the brief moment that I was listening to as I typed the comparison and essentially wasted both our time. Terribly sorry old bean.

Sounds like a Dad post.

8-) It does doesn't it. I need to get out more. Caught the band in the Blue Lamp - they were supporting Funk Connection who I'd gone to see. Really impressed me and a google took me here. Re an earlier post - my point about the singing wasn't that the singer sounds like anyone in particular but that there are a lot of good singers out there with distinctive styles.

Thank you for the positive remarks and constructive criticisms. It's all welcomed. I've never actually heard the little kicks before so i'll check them out.

With regards to us playing live we are playing next on the 26th june with deportees at the tunnels I believe. We'll hopefully get something organised sooner than then, but at the moment we're just working on some more material for shows.

As well there should be a new song and remix up on the myspace within the end of the week so keep yer eyes and ears peeled.

austin

ha, first post, over egging the pudding on a new band in the area, it points to only one thing. you're either in the band or you're their best mate.

No, neither of those points are true. I can see how it's easy to be sceptical of someones views though, upon just joining a music forum and bigging up a relatively new band in the area, I remember the toxic distortion thread where people seemed to join the forums just to add there tuppance to beefing up the band.

However, thankfully this seems to be genuine appreciation and I, for one am thankful and know the rest of the band will be. Made my day that did.