aberdeen-music

New Doctor Who

jester1470

I think it was. There seems to be some amount of self congratulation over at DenOfGeek for spotting that the Doctor was wearing his jacket in the scene when he shouldn't have been and they all guessed it was intentional rather than a continuity error.

I have to admit we were sad enough to have that conversation in our household too, I'd have liked to see the Dr go back into some past episodes from other Dr's some Tennant and Ecclestone, and maybe even some McCoy and McGann Just to cg him over an outtake or a scene where he could just observe would have been very cool... I really like most of the episodes but it does show how much the budget has been cut when he fought the giant Chicken in the otherwise excellent Van Gogh episode.I was also saddened to see that the ratings were so much lower for this series, which, with the exception of the terrible dalek episode was generally pretty good - I hope interest in matt Smith as the Dr mgiht be renewed after the x-mas episode. I think a lot opf people didnt watch just solely because he wasnt Tennant which i think was a shame. Looking forward to the inevitable Tennant/Smith crossover episode though :)

• 9 months later...

Great episode, very disappointed they did a dedication to Lis Sladen and not Nick Courtney which seemed a bit of a slap in the face for the companion who has acted opposite the most Dr's - for those interested: Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, and Sylvester McCoy (he also played a different part opposite William Hartnell, and had acted in Dr Who audio's with Colin Baker and Paul McGann, and a UNIT audio with David Tennant.

Looking forward to next weeks episode.

SPOILERS--------------------------

So do we reckon the little girl is Amy's daughter, who may also happen to be River Song... Hence the killed the best man she ever knew... though quite how she could do it as a little girl and still become a well known Dr etc I'm not sure if she gets jailed for it...

Um, wowsers.

So lots of weird stuff, leaving leaving lots of unanswered questions. Overall I think it's been a great start to the series, with Moffat taking the show even further in his own direction away from the RTD era. That said I'm quite disappointed it looks like we've got one of those sillier episodes next week which will have almost nothing to do with what we've just seen.

Almost every moment in that orphanage was bloody creepy.

Well that was bloody fucking awful.

It was supposed to be a filler episode, which might explain it; not really sure why they bumped it up to episode three.

Really nothing to that one, and to show it off the back of two frankly excellent Moffat episodes was utterly stupid judgement.

Apparantly they switched it with another episode because the one it was switched with was too dark to come straight after the opening two parter.

I don't mind fun silly Who. But that just had so many bizarre plot holes.

Ahh. I'm going purely off rumour though.

Neither do I, but that episode was just... I don't know. No real relation to the first two in the slightest, didn't seem to be going anywhere (the CSI-style Dr Who eps are really monotonous and I'm not too pleased to see them again) and the full-stop ending just seemed... weird.

Can't wait for another Moffat, but it looks like the next one will be at least three episodes away ):