aberdeen-music

New Doctor Who

jester1470

He also seems a bit 'slower on the uptake' than Miss Pond......maybe she's not all that she seems???

(Perhaps an intergalactic hit-woman hired by the daleks to gain his confidence before knifing him in both hearts.........which would make her a Glaswegian!).

I too was thinking, 'hmm this Doc ain't the quickest eh' One could think Miss Pond was the doctor if you hadnt seen it before...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only watched the Doc when Christopher Eccleston played him, but having a thing for redheaded ladies, I tuned in to the new series and I can now say that I'm still no fan of the show but as for Amy Pond....wow!!!! And she's Scottish!!!!! Can't wait till she nuts a cyberman and gets blootered with a Slytheen!!! Red hot!

Dream/Dimensionality switching was rather cool, liked the Doctor's petty facet personification as well. The new Doc is quite good in that he seems like a disorganised chump about 95% of the time, but he can pull of the 'there is infinitely more about me and how raging I actually am than anyone will ever know' vibe rather well.

Decent series so far but no really great episodes.

Matt Smith has been absolutely fantastic though.

I think all the episode since I said this have been pretty fantastic :up:

The weeping angels two-parter and the last episode were really great and I liked the vampires in venice episode too.

and the start of the vampires episode with the Doctor jumping out of the birthday cake was hilarious!

Decent series so far but no really great episodes.

Matt Smith has been absolutely fantastic though.

thats how i feel about it but smith is very good, reminds me a bit of the late great patrick troughton. and as for amy pond - well you would wouldnt you? even if you're gay!

this saturday sees the return of the fantastic Silurians! saw a pic in a tv mag today and they're looking great.

this saturday sees the return of the fantastic Silurians! saw a pic in a tv mag today and they're looking great.

They look well streamlined compared with the old design, I might give it a look.

I missed the Weeping Angels episodes as the David tennant story they appeared in was one of the best Dr Who stories I've ever seen (then again it was one of the only Tennant era stories I watched, I prefer the older shows from the 70's and 80's and Christopher Eccleston's Dr). Were the new Angel episodes any good?

• 2 weeks later...
They shouldn't ask Curtis back. That was his re-write of the episode. I dread to think what the original script was like.

The monster looked as though it had been designed in a Blue Peter "Design a monster" competition. Absolute shit.

the monster was shit but that episode wasn't about the monster. some real emotion in there tonight and felt quite moved with the final scenes in the gallery. nice bits about amy being sad but not knowing it due to the loss of rory.

it's all quietly building to a powerful ending i think. i reckon the sealing of the cracks will somehow bring rory back but i'd prefer it if it only brought back the memory of rory and the greif for amy. i think that would be more realistic and human, while allowing some closure for amy's character. if it was still russell t in charge he'd pussy out though and bring rory back for a white wedding at the end.

• 3 weeks later...
Script consultancy by Russell T Davies then....

Ho ho ho.

I thought it worked quite well.

I thought it was by far the best ending to a Dr Who series since it began, it felt like less of a wuss out than previous series endings, overall thoughts, the Moff's series is excellent and Matt Smithhas real potential as the Dr imo, will he be as good as Tennant, quite possibly, then again there's only been one bad Dr and that was Colin Baker, and even he wasnt so much a bad Dr as had terrible scripts - as Colin's Big Finish stories show the potential was there.

Were any of the bits where he appeared in the previous episodes actually in the previous episodes themselves?

Specifically the scene in the Weeping Angels episode?

I can't remember.

I think it was. There seems to be some amount of self congratulation over at DenOfGeek for spotting that the Doctor was wearing his jacket in the scene when he shouldn't have been and they all guessed it was intentional rather than a continuity error.