aberdeen-music

New Doctor Who

jester1470

Usually theres a thread by now :p

What did everyone think ? i really enjoyed it, I think matt Smith could be a great Dr, the new assistant was rather lovely, and the story, whilst not a classic, may have been opne of the best season opener since it was brought back, as a huge Moffat fan since the days of Press Gang, i always have high hopes for anything he's written :)

Liked the episode, liked the assistant (:up:), thought the new Doctor was OK, but after seeing him on Jonathan Ross last week I can't help but think he's an utter cockface. He was such a smug little twat. Also, freakishly ugly. Why does his face have to be so big? He looks the love-child of Gordon Ramsey and Eric Stoltz in Mask.

Gordon_Ramsay.jpg

+

e_mask2.jpg

=

matt_smith_doctor__1215943c.jpg

Concur with Matt Smith being a safe pair of sonic screwdrivers....perhaps not yet developed his own set of mannerisms, but hopefully they'll come.

Thought Amy Pond was rather attractive....light years ahead of the previous sidekicks. Plot was OK, but not great.

Looking forward to the next one!

Anyway, back to the episode itself which I thought was very well done. It recycled a few ideas used previously in both Blink and The Girl In The Fireplace so you knew it was a Moffat episode.

I did think Matt's Doctor retained too many of the frantic elements of David's performance, but it's still very early days and I think it'd be a bit daft to read too much into that.

I thought the ending when the Atraxi displayed all the Doctors incarnations was pretty cool and I thought that the idea of the Monster being more than one thing at a time worked well. The two heads (man and dog) moving as one was a nice touch. The bit when it all seemed to freeze in the scene with the Matrix-esque type effect... well, I didn't really know what that was supposed to be all about (are you saying that this how the doctor sees reality?) but it looked good.

Overall it looks like the series might have had more money thrown at it this season, but not in the wardrobe department. Bow ties suck.

it's the leather elbows on his tweed coat that are a bit of a worry! there's something about Matt Smith that reminds me of the very bonkers Patrick Troughton and Smith admitted on The One Show that he watched a lot of Troughton. No bad thing, I reckon he's going to be just fine in the role. Thought it was a decent enough opener, the new bird is hot and not too annoying (so far!).

I'm glad T Davies has left, he wrote so much sentimental guff it was getting embarrassing seeing all his girlie companions wetting their knickers over the doc. Think there's going to be a bit more balls and steel with Moffat at the helm and the sneaky preview of what's to come was promising.

Lovely to have it back on sat nights!

I'm glad T Davies has left, he wrote so much sentimental guff it was getting embarrassing seeing all his girlie companions wetting their knickers over the doc.

What annoyed me most about RTD was all the fucking running. Every episode seemed to feature large sections where people would be running down corridors for ages. The Waters Of Mars special was a particularly bad example of this.

What annoyed me most about RTD was all the fucking running. Every episode seemed to feature large sections where people would be running down corridors for ages. The Waters Of Mars special was a particularly bad example of this.

I hate films n TV when people have to run for ages to survive/complete quest etc, I always think, no way, I'd be fucked, same with people hanging off things for ages eg Empire... Bespin sequence, no way I'd last that long, I'd just fall.