aberdeen-music

New Meursault Album: "All Creatures Will Make Merry"

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Hi. Us Meursault kids are releasing our second album, All Creatures Will Make Merry, on the 24th May, 2010 on Song, by Toad Records.

As a taster, you can download 3 live session tracks we did for Marc Riley's BBC 6Music show on the 16th March here: Peenko: Meursault - Marc Riley Session (16/03/2010)

All three tracks are on the new album. As is Crank Resolutions, which can be listened to on our myspace: Meursault on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

There is also a track by track guide to the album by Neil here: Meursault's All Creatures Will Make Merry: Track-By-Track | The Skinny

The album will be distributed by Proper and you will find it in most record shops, but you can also pre-order the album directly from the label here: Meursault / All Creatures Will Make Merry | Song, by Toad Records

Album Launches are in Glasgow on the 7th April at the Captian's Rest and Saturday 10th April at Cabaret Voltaire in Edinburgh. Both shows are almost sold out, but if you're in any way inclined, ticket links are posted in a blog on the myspace.

Merci.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest idol_wild
The Maida Vale sessions stuff is super Phill. I shall have to make a Meursault album a definite purchase!

Glad you like it, min! If you're only going to buy one, buy this one, because it's better than the first (just!) and I'm on it. So I'll get pennies. :up:

• 1 month later...
Guest idol_wild

Campervan Acoustic Session

Meursault did a wee live acoustic session for the BBC at RockNess. Two songs back-to-back: A version of Salt Pt.2 from the first album (banjo, ukulele, harmonium, voice), and an ad hoc cover meshing La Roux's Bulletproof and Radiohead's Bullet Proof...(I Wish I Was) (banjo, voice, frenetic handclaps):

Track begins at approximately 27m 45s:

BBC - BBC Radio 1 Programmes - BBC Introducing in Scotland with Vic Galloway, Rockness Special

Guest idol_wild
I see you got a pretty decent review on the old 'Fork today: Pitchfork: Album Reviews: Meursault: All Creatures Will Make Merry

I also made a brief, but complimetary, mention of you in my Rockness review for DiS, which you'll find via the Rockness thread...or just by going on the site itself.

I especially liked the fact you referred to us as "young."

:up:

Guest idol_wild
I quite like this album but find the sound mix a bit strange at times, perhaps that was intended?

Very much intended. Some people have tried to pick the album apart because of the mix; but it was aspired to, in order to augment the feel of the album. It's wasn't mixed that way obstinately for the sake of being lo-fi or anything, which is what some quarters are trying to suggest. :rolleyes:

It also means that listening to the album and watching Meursault live presents two entirely different experiences, despite the same songs being played, as the live sound differs massively. Because, y'know, it's difficult to play a song through a dictaphone when performing it live.

[/pretentiousness]

Very much intended. Some people have tried to pick the album apart because of the mix; but it was aspired to, in order to augment the feel of the album. It's wasn't mixed that way obstinately for the sake of being lo-fi or anything, which is what some quarters are trying to suggest. :rolleyes:

It also means that listening to the album and watching Meursault live presents two entirely different experiences, despite the same songs being played, as the live sound differs massively. Because, y'know, it's difficult to play a song through a dictaphone when performing it live.

[/pretentiousness]

Yeah I thought that would be the case, certainly means you have to listen to it properly...but it's absolutely no use trying to listen to it walking around Aberdeen City centre, even with decent noise reducing earphones, I can tell you that much!