aberdeen-music

Setlist from Wrecking Ball

psydoll

Covered for Mr.Lucifer for roughly three hours last night and thought I'd stick up what I played seeing as I took a note of it. The coming Friday will be better prepared with a hell of a lot more CDs with me but here's what went down on my Moorings debut :)

Turbonegro - Turbonegro Must Be Destroyed

The Supersuckers - The Evil Powers Of Rock 'n' Roll

Soulfly - Back To The Primitive

The Raveonettes - Beat City

The Kills - Cat Claw

Sahara Hotnights - On Top Of Your World

Jetplane Landing - Acrimony

System Of A Down - Science

Queen Adreena - Kitty Collar Tight

Taking Back Sunday - Great Romances Of The 20th Century

Wayne County - Max's Kansas City [request]

Hot Water Music - Choked & Seperated

Soil - Deny Me

Hell Is For Heroes - Night Vision

Killswitch Engage - When Darkness Falls

Soundgarden - Rusty Cage [request]

At The Drive-In - Arcarsenal

Cave-In - Inspire

The Blood Brothers - Ambulance vs.Ambulance

Monster Magnet - Monolithic

Fear Factory - Cyberwaste

My Ruin - Miss Ann Thrope feat.Jessicka

Damageplan - New Found Power

Amen - Bring Me The Heads

Static-X - Destroy All

Murderdolls - Let's Go To War

The Dangerfields - Hellride

Misfits - Dig Up Her Bones

Jack Off Jill - Fear Of Dying

Good Charlotte - The Young & The Hopeless [request]

Rancid - David Courtney

The Dwarves - Everybody's Girl

Incubus - New Skin

The Distillers - Hall Of Mirrors

Muse - Plug-In Baby

Turbonegro - Wipe It 'Til It Bleeds [request]

Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster - Whack Of Shit

Rage Against The Machine - Microphone Fiend

Hardcore Superstar - Hey Now

Daniel Lioneye - The King Of Rock 'n' Roll

Everclear - Amphetamine

Sunlounger - Mealticket

Snake River Conspiracy - Oh Well

The Start - Shakedown!

Lacuna Coil - Daylight Dancer

White Zombie - I'm Your Boogie Man

Crackout - Forget About Hope

Foil - Superhero No.1

So not as much variety as I'd hoped for thanks to having a short time to gather CDs but all those who requested AC/DC, Sepultura, Audioslave, Dream Theater, Metallica, KISS, Slayer or whoever shall more than likely get your desires next time :bat:

Oh and any suggestions/thoughts on stuff to play next week shall be duly noted although maybe ignored :p

EDIT: Perusal of CDs includes playage of Nightwish / Spineshank / Spiritual Beggars / Opeth / Dream Theater / Iced Earth / MMw / Karloff / Deadloss Superstar / 10 Easy Wishes / We Become Less / Jane's Addiction / Pig Destroyer / Pitchshifter / Prodigy / The Gathering / Dragonforce / (hEd)pe / The Buzzcocks / AC/DC / Sepultura / Ministry / Rammstein / Walls Of Jericho / Tegan & Sara / Marilyn Manson / Pantera / Semisonic / Biffy Clyro / The Mars Volta / The Used / American Head Charge / David Bowie / Led Zeppelin / Audioslave / HIM / Dead Poetic / Beloved / thisGIRL / Laeto / Idlewild / Misery Loves Co / 7 Year Bitch / Bloodhound Gang / T.S.O.L / Converge / The Hurt Process / Alkaline Trio / Jimmy Eat World / Danzig / Queens Of The Stone Age / Mondo Generator / Sex Pistols / Opeth and frankly more than I can be arsed typing...

Remember though Jonny Lucifer was on after me so I was more 'warming up' for him than anything and tried to stay away from things that I thought he'd play hence the exclusion of Wildhearts, GNR, Velvet Revolver or more Air Guitarish things. Plus I didn't have anything like the amount of CDs I'd have wanted to take so I was limited by that as well - I'll stick up the playlist from Friday coming to see if you like that better :)

It's just while CJ is off on maternity leave and he did indeed play some of the stuff that I expected him to and thus stayed away from like Faith No More, Slayer and bigger bands like that. Pleasing set from my point of view. Fading out of Slade was shameful though :D

Myself and Jonny shall be taking it week about until CJ returns so all feedback/support/coming along is greatly encouraged and appreciated :)

It's just while CJ is off on maternity leave and he did indeed play some of the stuff that I expected him to and thus stayed away from like Faith No More' date=' Slayer and bigger bands like that. Pleasing set from my point of view. Fading out of Slade was shameful though :D

Myself and Jonny shall be taking it week about until CJ returns so all feedback/support/coming along is greatly encouraged and appreciated :)[/quote']

Yup, took me a while to get used to the Moorings set-up (a fair few fuck-ups on my part on Friday - muchos apologies!), and I played Slade by accident.

I really, really enjoy DJing at the Moorings, no restriction on what to play and none of the pressure/whinging punters that club DJing entails.

I'll probably not play so much Air Guitar stuff next time *off to raid CD collection and dowmload stuff*

Like Adam says - any suggestions or requests graciously accepted...

Yup' date=' took me a while to get used to the Moorings set-up (a fair few fuck-ups on my part on Friday - muchos apologies!), and I played Slade by accident.

I really, really enjoy DJing at the Moorings, no restriction on what to play and none of the pressure/whinging punters that club DJing entails.

I'll probably not play so much Air Guitar stuff next time *off to raid CD collection and dowmload stuff*

Like Adam says - any suggestions or requests graciously accepted...[/quote']

I wondered what that whole Slade thing was about! I noticed it getting faded out pretty sharpish so presumed it was either a mistake or some giant angry Slade hater was dishing out the punishment on the dancefloor ;)

The Wreckin Ball encompasses a broad spectrum of music covering all aspects of the rock genre, including metal, punk, hardcore, goth, AOR, glam, country rock, rock 'n roll, etc etc... The playlist should cover late 50s through to present day.

The aim is to play tunes most people will recognise whilst trying to avoid playing the big cliches. So anything that appears on a "GREATEST ROCK ANTHEMS IN THE WORLD... EVER!!!" compilation is pretty much off limits. The tunes we've heard once too often - for instance if we play AC/DC is NOT going to be "Highway to Hell" or "You Shook Me All Night Long"... more like "Soul Stripper", or "Rock 'n Roll Singer". If we play Deep Purple then it's NOT going to be Smoke on the Water.

In amongst the stuff that most people recognise we try and slip in good stuff that most people won't recognise but then proceed to ask us "what WAS that?" (in a good way, as opposed to "what the fuck was that?")

Friggin in the Riggin MUST be played every week.

The most important thing is that after 11pm we need to dance.

People always ask me what music I'm into, and I can never answer because I like so much stuff. 90% of what's in the jukebox is either Laura's or mine. Here's a list of tunes I like that have been played at the Wreckin Ball:

AC/DC - You Ain't Gotta Hold On Me.

The Only Ones - Another Girl, Another Planet

Cheap Trick - Dream Police

Frankie Valli - Greace

The Runaways - Midnight Music

Offspring - Come Out & Play

George Thoroughgood & The Destroyers - I Drink Alone

Jane's Addiction - Been Caught Stealing

Santana - Open Invitation

Heather Nova - Walk This World

Emmy Lou Harris - Two More Bottles of Wine

RATM - Killing in the Name Of

Megadeath - Symphony for Destruction

Deep Purple - Knocking at the Back Door

Cold Chisel - Cheap Wine

Dio - Holy Diver

The Mission - Deliverance

Paula Cole - Where Have All The Cowboys Gone

Dead Kennedy's - Too Drunk to Fuck

Kenny Rogers & First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)

Biffy Clyro - A Mong Among Mingers

Guns 'n Roses - Think About You

Motley Crue - Time For Change

Kiss - I Was Made For Lovin You

Cult - Fire Woman

X-Ray Specs - Identity

The Stilletos - You're Like a Sex Film Baby

Tom Petty and the Hearbreakers - Feel a Whole Lot Better Since You're Gone

Lynyrd Skynrd - You Got That Right

Muse - Time is Running Out

Patti Smith - Rock 'n Roll Nigger

Distillers - The Hunger