aberdeen-music

Maiden Taiwan to split.

Guest Scorge Spike

Guest Scorge Spike

That's right folks, the bell is about to toll on the Taiwan :down:. After about two and a half years of cruelly murdering the work of metal gods, it's soon to be over.

I'm not going to air dirty laundry in public, but the long and short of it is that the local Maiden tributeers extrordinare (natch), are to be dead and buried soon. The good (or bad) news is that a farewell gig is being considered, and there will be one, possibly two more chances to catch us. And yes, there will more than likely be some splintering by band members, so you may catch various other members doing stuff elsewhere.

I'll stick any further details in this thread when I know of 'em.

:bat:

Well this is a bit pointless posting here Scorge but nevermind - we shall be doing a farewell, one last murder of all things maiden!

Soon, from the ashes, shall arise a new band however!

Me and Gregor (Metal Militia!) shall be on guitarwork, with scorgie as the skin basher!

It shall be mostly our own stuff that will be played - a kinda Iron Maiden does Power Metal type thing i guess thats the best way to describe it! We will also work with the odd Blind Guardian / HammerFall cover too so be prepared Aberdeen!

\m/

Guest Scorge Spike

We were gubbins that night, Jakey. Fun began when the SPD experience kicked in. :D

What was I going to say? Oh yes, Doc has revealed rather more than he should have about our pastures new, the dozy fucker :p - a power oreinted metal band is already taking shape with myself, the Doc, and that fret wanking king of a brother of his. Should also say that MT have stuck themselves in for Pollution, so in the unlikely event of polling enough votes, we'll have an extra gig before departing for good. We'll probably take requests, too.....;)

Sorry to hear the news. May I say we took great pleasure in giving you guys your first gig in town... I will always remember my surprise that you were actually really good! After the Lournie debacles back in the day I had my doubts...

...you are also the only band other than BA that I've ever sung with on stage... and it's best forgotten as it was awful ;)

Sadly missed. RIP.

...you are also the only band other than BA that I've ever sung with on stage... and it's best forgotten as it was awful ;)

sorry to ruin the sentiment, but you also sung Master of Puppets with Risactonia a very, very long time ago ;)

Dudes it is a sad day indeed when a band dies, after a shaky start in Laurie, you guys kicked some major ass! Glad i could be a part of the magic so to speak (and if benner's unavailable for any of the final gigs, you have my number! was a blast last time, do it again in a flash! ;) )

I'm just sorry that you had to add insult to injury by not only splitting up, but forming a power metal band from the ashes ;):p

Take Care Dudes and Good Luck

sorry to ruin the sentiment' date=' but you also sung Master of Puppets with Risactonia a very, very long time ago ;)

[/quote']

Good God, you're right... a smoke induced haze on my memory is suddenly slightly lifted... hang on, that was rubbish aswell wasn't it!? Hmmm.... a pattern emerges. D'oh!

Guest Scorge Spike
Sorry to hear the news. May I say we took great pleasure in giving you guys your first gig in town... I will always remember my surprise that you were actually really good! After the Lournie debacles back in the day I had my doubts...

That gig was a heartwarming' date=' if slightly daunting experience.

The shambolic Lournie gigs are best forgotten....;)

Dudes it is a sad day indeed when a band dies, after a shaky start in Laurie, you guys kicked some major ass! Glad i could be a part of the magic so to speak (and if benner's unavailable for any of the final gigs, you have my number! was a blast last time, do it again in a flash! ;) )

We may well be in touch, plans are still in t'air. ;)

I'm just sorry that you had to add insult to injury by not only splitting up' date=' but forming a power metal band from the ashes ;):p [/quote']

:finger:

• 1 month later...
Guest Scorge Spike

Quick progress report.....

Rehearsals have begun in the Drumlithie Village Hall with me, Doc and Gregor, despite the barrage of playgroup equipment we have to work around. (Doc may post pictures, they are rather humourous :D). We're 99% sure of a vocalist - now we just need a bloody bassist, a name, and someone to write better lyrics.

Main focus at present is power metal covers, but the original material is gradually being phased into the practise stage. Timescale for gigs = maybe end of the year, but that's an optimistic punt. It'll be worth the wait, I promise thee. :band:

PS: No Maiden Taiwan farewell gig looks likely. As a cumulative, we can't be arsed with it. :down:

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Scorge Spike

Another update : a Maiden Taiwan farewell gig is being planned after all. Will be announced ASAP in a seperate thread.

And the new splinter project is set to contain Disco Stew on vocals. Rehearsals are continuing apace, but now in town. Stay tuned.....

Saddened to hear the news from the horse's mouth. I knew you guys were considering calling it a day, but I never thought you'd be bothered enough to actually do it. I have fond memories of Taiwan, both as a spectator and as a participant and I genuinely believe that you were making progress with the covers. Good luck with the new material and with Stew in the mix, you won't go far wrong.

Up the Irons!

Guest Scorge Spike

Yeah, cheers Len. :)

We did consider the idea of doing a Festr and gigging whenever we were all in the same part of the world, but being honest, no one is going to want to see us if we just keep banging out the same numbers without making use of the Irons' vast backlog of material due to lack of availabilty for rehearsals, etc. I didn't see the point in it, and neither did the rest of us. I agree about the fact we improved, but that's all we could have done after the horrid start we had.

Anyhow, I think one last slaughter won't be beyond us - we can't just die without playing Paschendale at least once....:D