aberdeen-music

Fat Mike (nofx) losing the plot?

Johnny Mac

VIDEO: Fat Mike Exorcises His Demons As Cokie The Clown At SXSW - Music News, Reviews, Interviews and Culture - Music Feeds

Recently at SXSW fat mike (nofx) did an acoustic set as cookie the clown and started the set by handing out shots of tequila. During the set he proceeded to talk about how he's seen a rape and didn't stop it, saw one of his friends commit suicide and then jacked his stuff, talked about about how little he cared for his dad, drank piss out of a woman, held a pillow over his mum's face to kill her and milked a woman. To top it off he plays a video at the end showing him pissing in a tequila bottle and then carrying it onto stage and pouring out the shots he handed out at the start of the show.

The video of the set is in that link above and it's well worth a watch but it is pretty depressing to be honest, he seems like he's in the middle of a breakdown. Of course it could all be BS... but who knows.

He cites Kaufman as his influence for this Cokie the Clown alter-ego. That was an instant alarm bell for this being totally bogus, but thoroughly entertaining none the less, if not in the wrong sort of way. You must remember that his first act under this new alter-ego was blowing a handful of flour in peoples faces, and squirting them with water. He's also dressed like a clown.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it is real, but I have my doubts.

He cites Kaufman as his influence for this Cokie the Clown alter-ego. That was an instant alarm bell for this being totally bogus, but thoroughly entertaining none the less, if not in the wrong sort of way. You must remember that his first act under this new alter-ego was blowing a handful of flour in peoples faces, and squirting them with water. He's also dressed like a clown.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it is real, but I have my doubts.

I've heard that apparently all his friends came out with smiles but as soon as he started the stories they all turned to quite looking depressed. So maybe it's true. Still, quite depresing.