aberdeen-music

Man set fire to BNP poster in Aberdeen

First offender admonished by sheriff

By Sally Hind

Published: 30/03/2010

TOLD OFF: Ewan Ross was admonished at Aberdeen Sheriff Court.

More Pictures

A MAN set fire to an Aberdeen a billboard displaying a BNP poster.

First offender Ewan Ross, drank alcohol to build up the Dutch courage to set fire to the poster in Aberdeens Great Northern Road, which advertised the policies of the British National Party.

The 25-year-old was seen walking backwards and forwards in front of the billboard on Aberdeens Great Northern Road before setting it alight at 10.50pm on Friday.

Aberdeen Sheriff Court heard the blaze had put the BNP 200 out of pocket in damages. Ross was admonished of the charge.

Read more: Man set fire to BNP poster in Aberdeen - Evening Express

tbg.jpg

Why the fuck would the EE publish his address? Fair enough it's in the public domain if it was read out in court, but adding it to the article seems to serve no purpose other than deliberately causing trouble surely?

They do it for every story, have done since the change in the Freedom of Information laws.

Why the fuck would the EE publish his address? Fair enough it's in the public domain if it was read out in court, but adding it to the article seems to serve no purpose other than deliberately causing trouble surely?

It's so I can go round to Greigsy's flat on Canal Street to get his autograph.

wow, they make a great case for themselves on that site. love how they big up executing the people they dislike if they get into power and reckon he should have been sent to jail. i doubt anyone has ever been sent to jail for vandalisng a billboard but hey ho. morons.

there's a flat in culter, directly across from the police station with a bnp poster in the window. i was quite surprised when i saw it as i really didn't think they had that much support up here but i guess it just takes one idiot to put up a poster. racist and fascist organisations like the bnp should be banned, end of. they don't believe in democracy and allowing them to advertise, recruit and contest elections under a fascist manifesto just ridicules our political system and gives them a sense of legitimacy they don't deserve.

if i was that boy i'd be staying elsewhere for a wee while, the moronic knuckledraggers will no doubt pay him a visit to 'discus' bnp policy with him.

looks like they could be in trouble for their current promotional material due to their piss poor design and use of stock photos: Help us trace these models pictured 'endorsing' the BNP's anti-immigration policies – Telegraph Blogs

note the odious comments. in particular one where the commenter claims to have found out where matthew moore lives and suggests he is paid a visit to discuss bnp policy. what a classy party they are.

wow, they make a great case for themselves on that site. love how they big up executing the people they dislike if they get into power and reckon he should have been sent to jail. i doubt anyone has ever been sent to jail for vandalisng a billboard but hey ho. morons.

there's a flat in culter, directly across from the police station with a bnp poster in the window. i was quite surprised when i saw it as i really didn't think they had that much support up here but i guess it just takes one idiot to put up a poster. racist and fascist organisations like the bnp should be banned, end of. they don't believe in democracy and allowing them to advertise, recruit and contest elections under a fascist manifesto just ridicules our political system and gives them a sense of legitimacy they don't deserve.

if i was that boy i'd be staying elsewhere for a wee while, the moronic knuckledraggers will no doubt pay him a visit to 'discus' bnp policy with him.

No, because their usual mantra is that if people slander or ridicule them it's obviously because they couldn't find fault in their policies. :rolleyes:

They're not quite bright enough to point out the irony of vandalising the election posters of crypto-fascist political parties. This is good.