aberdeen-music

Danelectro Silvertone 1448

joseph

Sadly, i'm having to sell my favourite guitar in the world, a Danelectro Silvertone 1448. I'm looking for 250 ono - they can go for quite a bit more on ebay, so i'd consider this a total bargain, especially if you're living in aberdeen (no postage costs etc). The guitar was made in the early 60's and this is one of the best examples i've ever seen - brilliant frets, neck, original skate key tuners, very few marks. Here are some pictures and a video link...

Silvertone 1448

Thanks for reading!

Joe

Hi there!

Yes it really is an amazing guitar. Just amazing to hold and play - lots of fun! I'm having to sell it to pay off council tax debts - literally the worst reason in the world to lose a guitar. Sometimes i wish i had a real job, oh well!

Out of interest, how are the new re-issues? They have the frosted lipsticks right? They look very well built!

ouch, luckily for me, im a student, so my loans pay for everything haha!

i love them, really sturdy things, despite looking like toys. the lipstick pickups are great, as close to the old ones as you could get without them actually being the old ones! the only problem i had was the terrible factory set up, but thats easy sorted! and considering i paid 169 for the guitar and 189 for the baritone they are a definate bargain!

ouch, luckily for me, im a student, so my loans pay for everything haha!

i love them, really sturdy things, despite looking like toys. the lipstick pickups are great, as close to the old ones as you could get without them actually being the old ones! the only problem i had was the terrible factory set up, but thats easy sorted! and considering i paid 169 for the guitar and 189 for the baritone they are a definate bargain!

Ah cool! It's good to know they didn't screw up the re-issue, as the first set of DC-59's that came out were pretty flimsy.

Bigsby, that sure is a nice silvertone! I'm half tempted to ask if you'd trade it for the 1448, despite the fact i need money and not a guitar haha...

Joe

Ha, well yours is short scale, only has one pickup and no trem bar, so that wouldn't be that great a trade for me. :)

Great price though, someone with a clue is bound to snap up a genuine classic vintage guitar for the price of a Korean Squier.

More info:

Silvertone World - Electric Guitars - 1960s - Model 1448

haha yeah, fair enough! really hope somebody does want to buy it locally, otherwise i'll have to stick it on ebay, which doesn't seem right, not for a guitar this precious!

I'm almost certain that you will regret selling this guitar at some point. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.

Have you considered offering handjobs for cash on Craigslist? I think I would look into that before selling a guitar.

Michael, that's cool - just give me a shout when you have the money, and if i still have it, it's yours!

I'm almost certain that you will regret selling this guitar at some point. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.

Have you considered offering handjobs for cash on Craigslist? I think I would look into that before selling a guitar.

You're right, i probably will regret it a whole lot, but i'm lucky enough to have two other guitars i love, so i'll be fine in terms of playing shows etc. It is a bit of a kick in the teeth to be selling it for such a terrible reason though... :(