aberdeen-music

Deportees recording now online!

Adam Easy Wishes

The Deportees on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

We have been in the studio over the last couple of weeks with Iain McPherson, recording three tracks for your lovely ears.

Tongue Can't Tell is up on our MySpace now, which will be closely followed by The Birth of Industry and All Night over the course of the week.

A reminder - our next show is with the brilliant Stornoway on Sunday 11th April, at Snafu. We all hope to see you there.

Lots of love,

The Deportees

X

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome.

I was a little apprehensive about how the recordings would be in comparison to how the live performances I've seen were.

Simple reason for my apprehension being that the two times I've now seen you guys I've come away thinking just how epic the songs have sounded and I know it can be really tricky to get that same feel/vibe over on record.

As far as I am concerned, you guys have nailed that. The track still sounds so intricately fragile in parts but comes across "big" in all the right places - just as it does when played live.

I can't wait to hear the next couple when they go up.

:up:

Really impressive as expected. Pretty much miles ahead of anything coming out of this area or anywhere else at the moment in terms of sheer quality.

But, since this is the feedback forum, I feel I have to say there's something about this recording (Tongue Can't Tell) that doesn't sit quite right, and I think it's the drums. It might be the snare sound, which is a bit dry and doesn't quite mesh. Or I think it might be that the drums aren't quite 'in the pocket' and seem to almost drag a little. Sounds a bit like Christy is almost trying to play too perfectly in time and it could just be a bit more relaxed I think.

But to be honest that's not even really criticism, it's just feedback for the sake of it.

I'd buy it.

Guest Gladstone

I don't remember either of these songs from the gig I was at, which suggests to me that these aren't the strongest tracks you have...

Tongue Can't Tell is a really nice track, but sells Deportees a bit short in my opinion - the live experience is way better than this track would suggest.

The Birth Of Industry is much better, and is closer to what you can expect live - really really enjoying listening - I love the lead vocal - sounds totally effortless, but absolutely spot on. I like the deeper vocal, someone above mentioned Roddy Woomble, who also delivers the deeper vocal absolutely spot on. Far better than the whiney high pitched pop tarts you hear these days...

Stornoway support slot is a beauty - if either of you two Deportee muthas could text me everyday from now until then to remind me I'll do my best to be there. I've been an avid Stornoway fan since I first heard them on the wireless about a year ago. They're nearly as good as Deportees ;)