aberdeen-music

Free Computer up for grabs Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire only

glass

AB1 Computers are offering a free computer here are a run down of the specs....

System specification: AMD Penom 9650 Quad Core CPU, 3GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2600, 300GB Hard Disc Drive, 19? Handspree Flat Screen monitor with built in speakers. Windows XP, keyboard & mouse included.

click here to enter

good luck. :rockon:

Guest Tam o' Shantie

is this not like the national lottery saying "yo, got 80 million quid sitting around here - any takers?"

i think you should mention that it's a competition in the thread title. that's not to say i'm not gonna enter ;)

The odds of winning the computer are far better than the lottery! I've only had about 50 people enter so far so that's like a 1 in 50 chance of winning.

remember to click the facebook/twitter so all your friends have a chance to enter to :)

Why would entants want to lengthen the odds?

I'd rather fork out 150 for a same-spec PC than subscribe to a newsletter that would send me bullshit information such as:

When a virus gets on your computer it can quite easily take over your system. There are tools that will remove viruses from your computer or laptop. However the best way to remove a virus is to wipe the system back to factory settings.

I'd rather fork out 150 for a same-spec PC than subscribe to a newsletter that would send me bullshit information such as:

The monitor alone is worth 100, and you can opt out the newsletter at anytime. As for it being bullshit if you read my blog I'm sure there is something of use, like for example the power of google alerts or using your computer as a security alarm.

Might not be to eveyone's tastes but maybe someone on here should be doing something similar for music equipment? It's a good way of capturing local email addresses which in return helps promote local businesses. :cheers:

This is why we setup one email address for personal things like mum, dad, family and close friends and then we set up another email address for things like this which automatically forwards all mail to your personal account.

In your personal account use a filter so that it sends all the junk emails to a folder seperate to your ijnbox then you need never login to your junkmail account again.

Gmail makes this easy

mypersonal@what.com foir mum and dad, this has a folder in it named 'junkie' or something similar and all email coming from junkmy@what.com gets sent to it

junkmy@what.com - all mails to here are forwaded straight to mypersonal@what.com

This is why we setup one email address for personal things like mum, dad, family and close friends and then we set up another email address for things like this which automatically forwards all mail to your personal account.

In your personal account use a filter so that it sends all the junk emails to a folder seperate to your ijnbox then you need never login to your junkmail account again.

Gmail makes this easy

mypersonal@what.com foir mum and dad, this has a folder in it named 'junkie' or something similar and all email coming from junkmy@what.com gets sent to it

junkmy@what.com - all mails to here are forwaded straight to mypersonal@what.com

Worf_notagain.gif

Gmail makes this easy

Did the OP give you that advice?