aberdeen-music

Effortless Mastery

bitchesbrew

Looking to achieve your true musical potential?

I teach a technique known as Effortless Mastery.

It results in an astounding ease of performance,

and unlimited creativity.

Lessons cost 12 per half hour session.

Open to musicians/singers of any ability.

Contact Lewis at:

lewis.benzies.07@aberdeen.ac.uk

Thankyou.

This sounds like a cult!

"All you need to do is shave your head and provide your own bucket".

Awesome!

:up:

What I'm actually offering!

I've been through the book and using the techniques has completely changed my playing. Most musicians I meet have psychological hindrances to the quality of their performances. I see a strong demand for this approach to teaching and learning music. I know the meditations appear cheesy and 'new age'- but the benefits far outweigh this. Essentially what you're doing is using the imagination to get yourself into a relaxed state of mind. Then you are receptive to such suggestions as 'I am a master', or 'every note I play has greatness'. You don't have to buy into it, but your subconscious believes it nonetheless. You are then free to play from a mindset with no doubts or pressures which affect the music and your enjoyment of it.

I am offering tuition from someone who has worked through the process and now regularly experiences 'Effortless Mastery' in action.

Cheers,

Lewis

if you want Fame, the pain starts here...

I've read the book and bought the T-shirt, though I never wear it... snarf...

the way to gain 'absolute mastery' is only after spending hours, days, weeks, months and years of practice and playing, it's all very well walking around with your 'thumb up your arse' Oming to yourself that every note you play is perfect, but everyone knows and hears the truth, guitarist's, spend your money on new guitar strings and drummers buy a practice pad and groove the rudiments, there are no magic panaceas in this, or indeed any life.

If you want to get better, work harder... oh! err! missus...

Great Thread though, I think it's done the trick... thanks Bitches Brew :dunce:

• Upvote 1

Bollocks.

Just bollocks, that is all. Complacency has never led to greatness.

Nobody would disagree with that, but I can't see where you're coming from. Who said complacency did lead to greatness? Kenny Warner is not just a good writer, he's a good musician - read the book, and then your opinions about it will be taken more seriously.

I've read the book and bought the T-shirt, though I never wear it... snarf...

the way to gain 'absolute mastery' is only after spending hours, days, weeks, months and years of practice and playing, it's all very well walking around with your 'thumb up your arse' Oming to yourself that every note you play is perfect, but everyone knows and hears the truth, guitarist's, spend your money on new guitar strings and drummers buy a practice pad and groove the rudiments, there are no magic panaceas in this, or indeed any life.

If you want to get better, work harder... oh! err! missus...

Great Thread though, I think it's done the trick... thanks Bitches Brew :dunce:

Phil, my reading of the book isn't that Kenny Warner advocates some kind of pseudo-spiritual babble to replace the mechanics of learning an instrument and practising - he saying, and rightly so in my opinion, that learning the mechanics of playing an instrument and practising isn't enough!! The book simply tries to address some of the psychological hindrances that can detract from a musician realising and expressing their potential.

Nowhere in the book does he recommend not bothering practising or simply choosing to believe that you're better than you are - I don't think that's what he's about at all.