aberdeen-music

Carson Wells CDEP

Huw

This may interest you.

Review by Nefarious C (who's called Craig when out in real life).

Nous Aimons Danser

Thank you Mr. Scott for the review and Mr. Davidson for firing it on your blog. To my knowledge it's the first review we've ever had...so THANKS!

A big thank you to those who have bought or downloaded it, really appreciated. It's lovely that folk who aren't normally into this kinda thing like it too.

This may interest you.

Review by Nefarious C (who's called Craig when out in real life).

Nous Aimons Danser

"as many angles as an investigative journalist" - brilliant. Ta very much to Nef C. The first review and all very positive!! I like your ridiculous use of english.

I thought Ross Sutherland were a rugby team I used to play against when I was 16. They were/are from Dingwall I would imagine.

"as many angles as an investigative journalist" - brilliant. Ta very much to Nef C. The first review and all very positive!! I like your ridiculous use of english.

I don't. :down:

"...and its all held together by a rhythm section tight enough to excite a paedophile."

I don't. :down:

"...and its all held together by a rhythm section tight enough to excite a paedophile."

Yes well, I never professed to be any good at writing. I just wanted to put on the internet how much I liked these four songs.

If you want like, good reviews, and stuff, probably best just to read Euan's stuff.

Yes well, I never professed to be any good at writing. I just wanted to put on the internet how much I liked these four songs.

If you want like, good reviews, and stuff, probably best just to read Euan's stuff.

I just found that line particularly objectionable, the rest of it was not bad - I liked the bit about Bill AND Ted. Anyway, perhaps I'll write a strongly worded letter to the editor rather than discuss further here.

I've listened to the CD a couple of times now - it's good work. It should go without saying but the levels are all perfect and the overall sound seems to capture the energy of the live performances. Gives me a headache after a while though - stick to EPs rather than albums (unless you're going to throw in some pop standards, ah one-two-three-four, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, solo, outro chorus)

I just found that line particularly objectionable, the rest of it was not bad - I liked the bit about Bill AND Ted. Anyway, perhaps I'll write a strongly worded letter to the editor rather than discuss further here.

No, no I see what you're getting at. Sort of did it without thinking. Sorry for any offence caused!

Big time bastards sound like they tune up before they record and everything.

Hopefully I'll make it along to the gig and pick up a copy of the EP. I've downloaded it, but I do prefer owning a physical copy if I can.

Ken, we're away to go major.

The recording has gown on me a lot. At first I wasn't quite sure, but it's gotten better with every mix and master stage and the physical copies of the CD sound leaps and bounds better than the originals.

Was stunned to hear how much better is sounded on a properly mixed/mastered presed cd than through a computer. Drums sounded much fuller and more resonant or something. Guitar always sounded nice - Gib SG>SPF Green Line>JMP50>Mesa Eng 2x12>Royer - doesn't get much better on paper!

Anyway thanks for downloading! Hopefully can get something else out sharpish.