aberdeen-music

Fudge Birthday Bash 3

sludge

how ace was drakes last night?!

Festr were sheer class. Its the first time ive seen them and i was entertained to the max. great shit.

Deadloss were also the shit as were cayto (what i heard of them)

broken sunshine - aint nothing but eye candy ;) - (Camie/ july/04 )

Guest stuartmaxwell

see my htread in fudge forum

a fucking ace night, deadloss and cayto ruled!

i didnt really like festr much but the bass guy had top banter

festr were great with murray, mac and len, but i'm hoping we'll get a chance to see them in their full and not too drunken glory at least once before spoonie goes back to glasgow.

deadloss were great as always, and i'm loving the new songs.

cayto were really talented musicians and they had really well arranged songs but it wasn't my thing.

broken sunshine were a lot better than i was expecting. i think give em a year of really hard practising and they'll be like a mini donnas. the harmonies were really tight and their voices go really well together. would be nice to see the bass player sing a little more lead, maybe do more of the dual lead they had in the first song they played, cos she's got a great little voice.

Broken Sunshine were good as always when they play Drakes (they never sound as good in Kef but thats not their fault)

Deadloss Superstar...well first time i seen them and was really impressed. Def one of aberdeens better bands and ill be seeing them again.

Cayto i didnt enjoy when i saw them at lemon tree but i really got into em tonight...maybe just my mood. i felt Festr were a bit of an anticlimax really.

well done to the DJs...some great stuff...goldfinger, early green day, incubus, NWA and At the Drive In (even tho i was angry you cut the end of the song off!)

that was one of my favourite gigs this year:) thanks fudge!

Broken Sunshine played their best gig since their debut a few months ago. I agree with Mel, witha about a years worth of hard practice and determination they will get really good.

Deadloss Superstar completely store the stage apart literally with them opening Wall Of Skin which was a great releif having not seen them for just over 6 months. I loved their new song "Caroline's Eyes" really catchy and typical Deadloss finished off with Brian,James and the other guitarist(forgotten his name) beat eaching over up with Craig still playing smoothly in the background:).

Although I went outside for some fresh air I still managed to hear Cayto. I do apreciate what they are trying to do but at the same time didnt really like their set. Not really my liking.

Festr had to be the band of the night. Although Fish was in American galavanting, they made it up with Mac and Murray:). Great bunch of songs and the usual funny banter from Spoonie and also loved his speach about fudge:P. I don't think they should've had Jamesy screaming in that song as I felt it ruined it.

Like I said one of the best gigs ive been to this year and not only was it crowded it had a great atmoshpere:).

well done to the DJs...some great stuff...goldfinger' date=' early green day, incubus, NWA and At the Drive In (even tho i was angry you cut the end of the song off!)[/quote']

Yeh it was Paul's fault about the ATD he wanted to cut it. The NWA song was the shit though with some supberb moves from Paul mixing it about:).

Oh and Im pretty damn sure Maxi will be having a headache this morning:)

The gig was fantastic! I could only stay for Broken Sunshine and Deadloss but both were fantastic!

Broken Sunshine played really well but i thought they should have ended on the 2nd last song because it was more powerful but thats just my opinion!

Deadloss were absolutly fantastic! Its been ages since i've seen them and they still managed impress me just as much as they did the first time i saw them!

It really was a great night! Well done to fudge!

xxx

it was 'call waiting' from our multi-platinum, rubin-produced ep 'last of the silent drivebys'. we had murray x-certs on vox and i asked jamesy to scream over it because of some banter we'd had a wee while ago about getting him to guest on a song. so he did. and he screamed much, as requested!

spoons

X

nope, that's len the drummer from black atom. we all went to school together and he's an immensely talented guy so when we had to go without fish, i decided to go all out and get keyboards in. it's something we'd always talked about but never done so it was cool! cheesetastic at times but that's the way we like it!

spoons

X

broken sunshine were a lot better than i was expecting. i think give em a year of really hard practising and they'll be like a mini donnas. the harmonies were really tight and their voices go really well together. would be nice to see the bass player sing a little more lead' date=' maybe do more of the dual lead they had in the first song they played, cos she's got a great little voice.[/quote']

Thank you! We don't really like the donnas, but we always get compared to them. I guess it must be a good thing though! Thank you for the personal compliments too :O

good thing too. The Donnas are self obsessed whores:rolleyes:

How have you reached this conclusion? I've read lots of Donnas press (being a bit of a fan) and they've never come across as self-obsessed' date=' and definitely un-whore like. The exact opposite infact.

EDIT: I am now fascinated to see what Broken Sunshine are like, when you's playing next?

EDIT2: This isn't very whore-like:

[url']http://www.metal-sludge.com/20QuestionsDonnaC.htm

"Metal Sludge: Recently, Howard Stern turned down The Donnas performing on his show unless you girls performed either in lingerie or even topless. So what was the problem?

Donna C: It was actually our label trying to get us on the show. It wasn't us. We

were in Canada at the time and we didn't even know about it until he talked about it on the air. It was a complete misunderstanding. We don't do that."

Thank you! We don't really like the donnas' date=' but we always get compared to them. I guess it must be a good thing though! Thank you for the personal compliments too :O[/quote']

you are quite like them in that you write poppy rock songs. your voice is very much like donna a's as well. where you differ is that they play guitar solos and their drummer has a cowbell.