aberdeen-music

fudge last night

Guest stuartmaxwell

Guest stuartmaxwell

that was a great night in drakes last night, good effort

i thougt broken sunshine were pleasant enough, decent harmonies, still young but ireckon in a few years they will find theselves

deadloss were fucking amazing last night, the best i have seen em, opened with wall of skin, fucking rip roaring, they are a fucking great band and its a shame they live elsewhere, 110% rock, they lived for that show, it wasnae fake stage prescence etc, that song carolines eyes(?) was fucking ace! :band:

[c a y t o] were band of the night for me, i thought it was a tall mountain to mclimb but fuck me they were outstanding, have seen em a lot before but this was the best!i seen a lot of confused faces in the crowd, good!truly complex, fucking outstanding drumming too, what a band!what a fucking band! :up:

festr didnt really do it for me, i could see why folk liked em though, good banter anyhow, what was the reasoning behind letting jamesy onto the mic though? :rolleyes:

all in all a great night, well enjoyable, perhaps on of the best fudg do's i have been to in a while :up:

[c a y t o] were band of the night for me' date=' i thought it was a tall mountain to mclimb but fuck me they were outstanding, have seen em a lot before but this was the best!i seen a lot of confused faces in the crowd, good!truly complex, fucking outstanding drumming too, what a band!what a fucking band!

[/quote']

YIP.....YIP YIP YIP!

Guest WalkingOnGlass

festr didnt really do it for me' date=' i could see why folk liked em though, good banter anyhow, what was the reasoning behind letting jamesy onto the mic though?

[/quote']

Just a friendly request from the boys...Good banter... :)

Ace gig, Ace night as a whole. Cheers guys...

we had a blast too. cheers to all the other bands

broken sunshine were so little and cute and lovely and they were so enthusiastic about what they did that it was a pleasure to watch them.

deadloss ripped it up big style, in the way you'd expect! caroline's eyes is a diamond of a tune. dirty and raw with the bass dragging in through by the balls all the way.

cayto were ace too. the keys sounded meaty and there were some really nice basslines. i was watching their their bass player for most of the set because she had this really unusual, gentle style of playing. they were a pleasure to listen to

and we had a blast. it was wicked to play with some more of our friends and get jamesy up for a good old fashioned scream!

cheers to murray, mac and len for playing with us and cheers again to fudge for putting it on.

also, a big thank you to all those who stayed to watch us too because shen we got told we were on last, we had a bad feeling that everyone would bugger off home but we still had a good number to play to.

much love

spoons

X

that fat hairy ginger bloke on bass

has got a great memory,I understood everything he said, it was nice to be reminded of some great times in various venues,BAH only caught the last chord of Deadloss due to being mugged aurally by baby dixons mob in Drummonds.

there have been a lot of great times to remember. the fudge guys have done a lot for us and heaps of other bands and i feel it goes largely unappreciated so i thought i'd share some of my memories.i miss so many of their gigs while i'm away and aberdeen is lucky to have those guys.

spoons

X

i hope he will. i spoke to him about a week prior to the gig when i was getting the lyrics sorted to send to murray and when i told him we were gonna be having keyboards he was gutted!

i'm just about to txt you to get a copy of that recording for the wife. she's yet to hear us live and would be most interested to get a listen

cheers again for coming big lad. it was good to see you again and i'll be up visiting soon.

big love

spoons

X

hi guys,

We (Cayto) had a great night on Friday (best Drakes yet we reckon!).

Next Cayto installment is a NEMIS showcase with RAAR, Twenty Eight & Stuka on Saturday 28th August at Cafe Drummond. Doors at 8pm and is a mere 2 for 4 bands!

Hope to see you all (and more) there,

Cheers,

Nobby