aberdeen-music

Vindicated

Bigsby

Seems Northsound were quite right to take action to deal with the tittle tattle and innuendo that surrounded this case.

Northsound's problem wasn't the tittle tattle about the case, it was the effect it would have on their brand. They didn't have a problem with discussing something that was a matter of public record but they did have a problem with the station name being mentioned alongside it.

Besides that a case being dismissed because the alleged victim couldn't remember the incident is very different to being found innocent.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
A fair point....none of Jack the Ripper's victims could recall much about the attacks either.

I'll stick to Aitken's sausage rolls until Greigsy's innocence is beyond doubt.

Might I suggest Chalmers? Don't be put off by their crude, brash, boastful slogan.They really are one of Scotland's better bakers.

Besides that a case being dismissed because the alleged victim couldn't remember the incident is very different to being found innocent.

Quite frankly I resent the implication contained in this statement. Unfortunately for you Adolf, we still have a system of being innocent until proven guilty, and therefore Greigsy can walk down Canal Street with his head held high.

Might I suggest Chalmers? Don't be put off by their crude, brash, boastful slogan.They really are one of Scotland's better bakers.

Their butteries aren't a patch on Aitkens though.

I can see the door of Aitkens across the road, taunting me, willing me to go buy butteries. Damn them.

Quite frankly I resent the implication contained in this statement. Unfortunately for you Adolf, we still have a system of being innocent until proven guilty, and therefore Greigsy can walk down Canal Street with his head held high.

That's true, in the eyes of the law he's innocent. But in the eyes of god...

But of course there is no god so I guess he just has to make do with the law. His show's still shit though. The worst kind of poor man's Chris Moyles - "haha, I did this hilarious thing at the weekend, here's a 10 minute long story complete with fake laughter and put on disbelief from my producer and other friends in the studio instead of playing fucking music like I'm supposed to" - shite. Thank fuck for ipod connectors so I don't have to listen to that pish.

The guy on Original 106 in the mornings is just as bad.

That's true, in the eyes of the law he's innocent. But in the eyes of god...

But of course there is no god so I guess he just has to make do with the law. His show's still shit though. The worst kind of poor man's Chris Moyles - "haha, I did this hilarious thing at the weekend, here's a 10 minute long story complete with fake laughter and put on disbelief from my producer and other friends in the studio instead of playing fucking music like I'm supposed to" - shite. Thank fuck for ipod connectors so I don't have to listen to that pish.

The guy on Original 106 in the mornings is just as bad.

Whatever mate, the ratings tell a different story.

Greigsy forever! All hail the Dark Lord of Radio, the Bad Boy (who is an innocent man)

darklordw.jpg

I met him once and he's an utter cock.

It's probably OK to call Greigsy a cock in this thread. I don't think even the best of defence lawyers could get him off with that accusation. But any inference that he is guilty of domestic abuse will be deleted to stop Neil getting in trouble again.

Guest Gladstone
I met him once and he's an utter cock.

Still, innocent though.

I met Neil Weightman also of Northsound fame years ago. He was mate's with my mate's flatmate or some shit. He was a bitty full of himself, but he did buy me a pint, so I'll forgive him.

I met Neil Weightman also of Northsound fame years ago. He was mate's with my mate's flatmate or some shit. He was a bitty full of himself, but he did buy me a pint, so I'll forgive him.

I think it's him that does the Original 106 breakfast show. Name rings a bell anyway. It's beyond awful but does have better traffic info than Northsound.

Guest Gladstone
I think it's him that does the Original 106 breakfast show. Name rings a bell anyway. It's beyond awful but does have better traffic info than Northsound.

I think you're right - well, I've heard his name associated with Original 106 anyway - I'm talking about 10 years ago when I met him - it was in the Palace (the fucking Palace).

It's difficult to tell, because all the Northsound and 106 DJs speak in the same generic Scottish DJ voice, except one who has a wierd Scottish/Yorkshire hybrid.