aberdeen-music

Musicians required for soul/funk project - live hip hop beat covers

Guest Tam o' Shantie

That was a cool name. Are you any good at drumming...got any recordings? And are you free on occasional Sundays?

It depends on your definition of good...I can't play extremely flashy technical metal but I'm pretty steady...I used to play for Kartta, not sure if there is still a My Space page for them and I can't hear music on My Space at work, but the version of 'Henri Got Cancer' that was on there used to be the one I did with them. Think there was a live track that was me as well.

1864 in Art used to have some shonky practice recordings on their My Space that was me on them as well.

Occasional Sundays not a problem with a wee bit of notice.

we've been messing with that formula live and it's been a craic. great audience response.

We're big on gil, galliano and the poets etc 60's/70's thing and kind of grooves, with modern MC's like millenium child working with us makes for a mix.

good luck, be good to hear if you get it together.

cheers

andy

Guest Tam o' Shantie
It depends on your definition of good...I can't play extremely flashy technical metal but I'm pretty steady...I used to play for Kartta, not sure if there is still a My Space page for them and I can't hear music on My Space at work, but the version of 'Henri Got Cancer' that was on there used to be the one I did with them. Think there was a live track that was me as well.

1864 in Art used to have some shonky practice recordings on their My Space that was me on them as well.

Occasional Sundays not a problem with a wee bit of notice.

Ah ok that's solid enough credentials! Would you be happy to swap around and do more percussive stuff as well? Since not all of these songs will have the same instrumentation I can imagine us doing a lot of that.

Ah ok that's solid enough credentials! Would you be happy to swap around and do more percussive stuff as well? Since not all of these songs will have the same instrumentation I can imagine us doing a lot of that.

Aye I'd be happy enough with that. If there was easy enough stuff required to be done on bass, guitar, etc I could have a bash at that as well.

I think I even still have a cowbell somewhere from my days trying to emulate Tom Waits '16 Shells From a 30.6'. I could be like Will Ferrell in that guy on here whose name escapes me's avatar....

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Aye I'd be happy enough with that. If there was easy enough stuff required to be done on bass, guitar, etc I could have a bash at that as well.

I think I even still have a cowbell somewhere from my days trying to emulate Tom Waits '16 Shells From a 30.6'. I could be like Will Ferrell in that guy on here whose name escapes me's avatar....

brilliant, can you PM me your email address?

Cheers!