aberdeen-music

A new grunge band :P

SooperKeef

Fuck off you cunts, I went to see Shutterspeed because I wanted to. I go to lots of gigs for all sorts of reasons. Mainly, like in this case, because I wanted to see the artist playing live.

Well said. You can moan about people not turning up to gigs at all but you can't moan about people turning up to gigs for the wrong reason.

Guest idol_wild
Well said. You can moan about people not turning up to gigs at all but you can't moan about people turning up to gigs for the wrong reason.

I don't think anyone's moaning about this, per se. It's just being pointed out that it's fucking crazy, that's all.

I don't think anyone's moaning about this, per se. It's just being pointed out that it's fucking crazy, that's all.

I suppose, sneering irony is just part and parcel of life nowadays. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. I'd much rather a 200 page tongue in cheek thread than a single 'that's fuckin shit' response. I mean, shutterspeed have gone from a handful of myspace views to recording an album and a great turnout at their debut gig. However you look at it, that can't be a bad thing.

Guest idol_wild
I suppose, sneering irony is just part and parcel of life nowadays. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. I'd much rather a 200 page tongue in cheek thread than a single 'that's fuckin shit' response. I mean, shutterspeed have gone from a handful of myspace views to recording an album and a great turnout at their debut gig. However you look at it, that can't be a bad thing.

I think you're missing my point. My point isn't about Shutterspeed at all, or this thread. Frankly, until the last 20% or so, I fucking love this thread. And, frankly, I fucking love Shutterspeed.

I think you're missing my point. My point isn't about Shutterspeed at all, or this thread. Frankly, until the last 20% or so, I fucking love this thread. And, frankly, I fucking love Shutterspeed.

I do get your point. It is mad that that's what it takes to get a crowd. My point was more aimed at the person who was trying to say it's some sort of exercise in ridicule to go to a shutterspeed gig.

Guest Gladstone
I yearn for the day a few weeks ago when this whole thread kicked off. This

doesn't seem quite as funny now, but at the time I was in fucking hysterics.

I don't know like - that still gets a laugh from me.

I yearn for the day a few weeks ago when this whole thread kicked off. This

doesn't seem quite as funny now, but at the time I was in fucking hysterics.

When I posted that, I was worried I was going to ruin the thread by being unfunny. Glad the opposite happened.

• Upvote 1

Your work in this thread has been astonishing. You score 10/10.

Proof, if it were needed.

Mummy, I'm scared.
This band saved my life.
If Kurt Cobain wasn't cremated, he'd be rawking out in his grave. Not spinning. Definitely not spinning.
Your teddy.
Can you guys play for my birthday please? It's every year. Thanks!
My prematurely balding friend listened to your songs, and now he looks like David Lee Roth.
Shutterspeed are so good that I just punched my Dad.
I think everyone is interested in a BBQ/open air gig.

If you don't do it, I'll set my eyes on fire.

Do you guys practice on a dey-to-dey basis?

I don't know like - that still gets a laugh from me.

It still raises a smile but in the context of the blizzard of activity that was the first few pages of the Shutterspeed thread it was an utter gem. It encapsulated the feverent posting over the space of a day or two. I still get the feeling that this is the only thread on a forum I've ever seen that deserves it's own "review" - "Shutterspeed are so good that I just punched my Dad" is the obvious choice for a title. Or a t - shirt slogan. Or first album name. Or review in NME. All bases - covered! I keep thinking back to the posts about halfway through this whole charade with folk asking what it was all about. You cannae do it justice without reading every. single. post.!!!!