aberdeen-music

The Misfits To Play Moshulu (TBC)

lava p.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

post danzig era 'fits suck. you'd think that they would just whore themselves as a 'who's who' type band of famous punks too, rather than having one original member and a few randoms from the same era and acting like they are the misfits.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey if this is the closest I'm gonna get to seeing the Misfits then I could care less if there's no Danzig or what the band with Jerry Only is. It was loads of fun last time and that's basically what you go to gigs for surely? What's with all this 'fits sucked after Danzig left anyways? 'Famous Monsters' & 'American Psycho' are two of my favourite punk albums ever - Graves may not be Danzig but he fucking slays :rockon:

Dez from black flag is no fucking random. He's a hero.

Thats assuming Dez is on this tour.

Yep, it's still the Jerry Only, Marky Ramone and Dez Cadena line up. Just because it's not as cool as seeing the original Misfits line-up (whichever you take to be 'definitive') doesn't mean it's not fucking cool. I was at the last gig and it was amazing. I like old and new Misfits, and you got a full set's worth of both, plus a full set's worth of Ramones songs, plus a bunch of 50s covers and a few Black Flag songs which probably added up to about a set's worth- that makes the equivalent of four sets in one continuous gig. God knows how long it went on for but it didn't drag on at all.

To my mind, anyone who doesn't go on 'point of principle' is just being a touch whinging, petty and anally-retentive.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i said a few randoms becuase i couldn't remember exactly. my point was 'the misfits' are as much the misfits as they are the ramones, or black flag, so why not just call themselves the punx or something. and i didn't realise they played a lot of other shit, and i still stand by my statement that post danzig era sucks. the music just sucks, there's nothing anal about it

Jesus, you people are never happy.

You moan when no "name" bands come to Aberdeen and you have to haul your sorry ass to Edinburgh or Glasgow. Then, when one does come, around half of you start pissing and moaning about how shit they are when you've never actually seen them in their current form.

No, it's not the "classic" Misfits. It's Jerry, Dez and Marky playing a shitload of great songs from punk and rock over the years, and playing them in their own style. Nobody expects to see or hear anything else. Personally, I think it's just great to watch three of the most influential musicians of the past 30 years playing together on stage. No matter how you "think" they sound, they still piss all over a good 85% of local acts that people flock to watch....

Well done to Paul Lava for siezing the opportunity to bring them back to Aberdeen for a second time. They really enjoyed the last date and I expect they will be really into a 2nd show!

I agree with Rob - if you don't want to see the gig then don't go and see it and accept that the Misfits in whatever form they are in is one of the biggest names to play Aberdeen of all time. Besides it was so fun last time that everyone who was there would be glad to have them back surely?

Misfits at the lemontree was fucking amazing! Although to be fair i think Karloff sound more like the misfits than the misfits do nowadays! Vomitus would by far be the best support for them at Mosulu.

Even being totally objective, we don't sound much like the Misfits at all. Definately inspired by and in the same vein as them, but that's about it! The Misfits are a punk rock band, straight up, whereas we pull a wider range of genres and styles into our tunes. A bit of punk, metal, psychobilly, etc. As good as Vomitus are, I can't see why a Norwegian black metal band of confessed church-burners would be a good fit!

Even being totally objective' date=' we don't sound much like the Misfits at all. Definately inspired by and in the same vein as them, but that's about it! The Misfits are a punk rock band, straight up, whereas we pull a wider range of genres and styles into our tunes. A bit of punk, metal, psychobilly, etc. As good as Vomitus are, I can't see why a Norwegian black metal band of confessed church-burners would be a good fit![/quote']

Yeah, wasnt having a dig at Karloff at all, think they are fucking amazing, and also wasnt trying to undermine them for thinking that Vomitus would be a better backing for the Misfits gig. Best thing for everyone would be vomitus and karloff there together. Fuck it, why not chuck in some Sluts of Trust for good measure!!??

Yeah' date=' wasnt having a dig at Karloff at all, think they are fucking amazing, and also wasnt trying to undermine them for thinking that Vomitus would be a better backing for the Misfits gig. Best thing for everyone would be vomitus and karloff there together. Fuck it, why not chuck in some Sluts of Trust for good measure!!??[/quote']

Sorry, I didn't actually think you were! It just seems that any horror punk band gets compared to the Misfits, when I've yet to come across ANY band who sounds like the Misfits. That's why I love the Misfits so much; Nothing like them! Anyway, the gig will be great, and the bottom line of it all is that if you like your punk rock, then you should go to the gig and see the Misfits. Whether you feel they are or aren't *the* "Misfits", there will be some lengends of punk on stage together, playing a huge set of songs you all love! What could be better....?!

:up: