aberdeen-music

Save 6Music

chilli

This has been received from a well kent 6music d'jay.If you want to help save this amazingly eclectic radio station, please spend 10-15 minutes of your valuable time

filling in the consultation. New/ecelectic music will be massively poorer in the UK should we not fight for this amazing radio station.

thanks

Mike

Since the details of the BBC Strategy Review were announced officially I've started to receive many emails from listeners about the proposed closure of 6 Music. I am not in a position to respond to you all individually but, if you wish, you can have your say going forward.

Following the BBC's official announcement of their plans we have now entered into a process of public consultation which will be managed independently by the BBC Trust. So if you have any comments on the recent announcement or any part of the BBC Strategy Review then you should go to

https://consultations.external.bbc.co.uk/departments/bbc/bbc-strategy-review/consultation/consult_view

Here you will find the full details of the Strategy Review and how to respond to the Trust with your views on 6 Music and the review in general.

You can also email the BBC Trust about the Strategy Review at

srconsultation@bbc.co.uk

Or write to them by post:

Strategy Review Consultation

BBC Trust

180 Great Portland Street

London

W1 5QZ

A very worthy cause. The evening shift of Marc Riley and Gideon Coe is some of the highest quality radio I've ever heard.

Wasn't someone from this forum playing live on 6Music just this evening?

I think it was Mr Idol Wild as part of Meursault. I filled out the consultation form and sent an email last week.

Did my bit when closure was announced, the 'consultation', and an official complaint, the response to which asked me to fill in the consultation.

And in the Grauniad today, interesting stats showing that, in no way whatsoever does the commercial sector cater for people who actually like music, rather than aural wallpaper/cuntchat; Comparemyradio.com | Radio head | Television & radio | The Guardian

In just about every part of my response, I said that BBC3 should be closed forthwith, and it should, almost as bad as ITV2.

Oh hell yes. Kill BBC3 before 6Music. I don't listen to it but I believe there's some value there where obviously none exists on BBC3.

It's funny but when you get the usual arguments about funding for broadcasting people are usually more focussed on commerical TV, particularly American TV. American TV is actually nowhere near as bad as American Radio, which is not only 100% commercial but also 100% (effective) monopoly.

*I can't be arsed with the consultation though. It's too much like Do you agree with us framing the argument?

Guest idol_wild
I think it was Mr Idol Wild as part of Meursault. I filled out the consultation form and sent an email last week.

Give the man a biscuit! :)

I have to say, after seeing the workings of a 6Music radio show first hand, it goes a long way to really appreciating how good a job these people do. From the BBC sound engineer, the show management team, Marc Riley himself, and even the interns, they were all very professional, communicative and, frankly, extremely good at their jobs. It'd be a fucking killer if these guys lost their jobs.

Marc played Flaming Lips and then Liars consecutively - how many other national radio stations would allow that?

Give the man a biscuit! :)

I have to say, after seeing the workings of a 6Music radio show first hand, it goes a long way to really appreciating how good a job these people do. From the BBC sound engineer, the show management team, Marc Riley himself, and even the interns, they were all very professional, communicative and, frankly, extremely good at their jobs. It'd be a fucking killer if these guys lost their jobs.

Marc played Flaming Lips and then Liars consecutively - how many other national radio stations would allow that?

And he just had Stephin Merritt on!!!!