aberdeen-music

acoustic female acts wanted

Heff

Acoustic female acts, performing original material or covers wanted for new club night @ club home, the adelphi.

Four acts are needed to perform for a young, vibrant crowd followed by a D.J set.

ability is not too important as we are willing to provide support for any upcoming inexperienced acts for this brand new club night.

interested?

get in touch

hprm4187@hotmail.com

Hi Bigsby,

Sorry if your offended by the gender specifities of the add. If you would like to perform let me know.

Thanks for the offer, when is this happening? The fact that you are encouraging people of limited ability is appealing.

I just find it interesting when I see ads like this, I wonder what would happen if I placed an ad for 4 male acts, or even four black acts (don't get me started on the MOBOs).

What I'm basically seeing is that I judge people by their talent rather than their gender, or skin colour or whatever. I don't listen to Tapestry and think, "Wow, what an amazing female songwriter.", I think "Wow, what an amazing songwriter."

Shame that not everyone can see things in the same way.

Guest Gladstone

Oh the MOBOs.

I've been telling anyone that will listen how racist that awards show is for the last 10 years.

Imagine a MOWO awards ceremony? Outrage.

Positive discrimination annoys me. Not that much though.

This advert is wonderfully bizarre; I love it!

Being gender specific doesn't bother me, but I am curious for the reasons behind it.

Also, what sort of support can you offer for inexperienced acts?

Unless I'm mistaken, Club Home is a gay club (which just opened in the the old Oh Henry's) so maybe that's the reason why it's gender specific. I'm merely speculating of course.

Unless I'm mistaken, Club Home is a gay club (which just opened in the the old Oh Henry's) so maybe that's the reason why it's gender specific. I'm merely speculating of course.

Wow, so Club Home is the place that puts the home in home-o-sexual? That's genius man. I was getting a big gay bleep off of this thread - gaydar as reliable as ever! Booya!

I'd have no qualms about playing a this place, probably be a good laugh. Still, if they want lassies, they want lassies.

Wow, so Club Home is the place that puts the home in home-o-sexual? I was getting a big gay bleep off of this thread - gaydar as reliable as ever! Booya!

I'd have no qualms about playing a gay club though, probably be a good laugh.

Still, if they want lassies, they want lassies.

I'd play in a gay club. I'm not very good as an acoustic act though, I need the rest of the band there to cover up all my mistakes. If they had a band night in there I'd play. I have no problem with gay bars, I go into Cheers from time to time with my missus and her gay friend, it's a good laugh in there.

I'd play in a gay club. I'm not very good as an acoustic act though, I need the rest of the band there to cover up all my mistakes. If they had a band night in there I'd play. I have no problem with gay bars, I go into Cheers from time to time for a drink with my missus and her gay friend, it's a good laugh in there.

What makes you think you're pretty enough to play in a gay bar?

Hey guys,

The acts are wanted for a twice monthly lesbian night @ club home.

The idea being that, the introduction of live acoustic acts would add a fresh innovative approach to the usual dance music centered gay/lesbian nights in Aberdeen. Thus cultivating a broader clientle. It is presumed female acts would generate more interest amongst the market, this night is targeted at.

If any of you are still interested in performing, then thats cool, let me know