aberdeen-music

Maths - Jairus - The Ocean Fracture - Carson Wells | Tunnels 2 | 7 April 2010

Huw

Hiya, it's us from Autumn Jams again...

MATHS

Screamo for the masses influenced by the likes of Jerome's Dream, Orchid and doing it their way. Fast, abrasive, yet pretty catchy riffs and desperate vocals over some pretty frenetic drumming. Lush! Debut album came out tail end of last year on Holy Roar recs (Dananananaykroyd, The Ergon Carousel, Rolo Tomassi)

Maths (Booking April Tour) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

JAIRUS

Reletive vets of the British rawk scene are recently reformed after over a yearlong hiatus and are back on the road. Moments of heaviness mixed with lovely melancholic interludes. Influence by the likes of Sometree, At the Drive In and Coalesce. albums available to buy now and new stuff en route I think.

Jairus - PROMO VIDEO UP on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

THE OCEAN FRACTURE

Glasgow boys' first jaunt up here in forever. They also play a brand of post-hardcore, but more like a mix between Deftones and Botch. New bassist who used to play in No Kilter and new 'sample' tracks up sounding the best yet.

The Ocean Fracture [NEW TRACK SAMPLE UP NOW!] on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

CARSON WELLS

Pretentious local 3 piece who don't like playing stuff for too long. Think parts that sound like Kolya, Meet Me in St Louis and Sinaloa. New 'ep' out on Art for Blind recs (Mesa Verde, Shermer, Twisted, What Price,Wonderland!)

Carson Wells on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

TUNNELS 2

7TH APRIL 2010

8PM

FIVE BUCKS.

New EP out? How come I missed this Mr Huw

More like a "will be out by the time this comes around" thing. Like Ross says we'll have it on the 26th. It'll be 3 I think.

This gig will be win. Also, I believe there is a RAWK NIGHT starting on Wednesdays. In my completely unbiased opinion, this gig would be the perfect precursor.

• 2 weeks later...

I've liked Jairus for ages (was introduced to them by a German friend of all people :O) but woulda been nice to check out you guys and The Ocean Fracture too. Will try and make it along but I'll probably be knackered after giving blood then 8 hours at work.

I've liked Jairus for ages (was introduced to them by a German friend of all people :O) but woulda been nice to check out you guys and The Ocean Fracture too. Will try and make it along but I'll probably be knackered after giving blood then 8 hours at work.

Aye a lot of people have. Quite strange that they've never made it up here. Prolly about 3 years ago this line up would have been an absolute winner, but maybe a couple of years too late. But like you I've been into them for a while and their new stuff does sound good.