aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Guest idol_wild

Online Chord Identifier?

Guest idol_wild

I use a lot of chords that I just sort of...make up, and I don't quite know the exact names of them.

Is there an online tool which allows you to input chord shapes and it will identify it? I've done a quick google search but can't uncover much.

Could be pretty handy.

Not sure about online, but if you happen to have an ipod touch or an iphone theres this guitar toolkit app where you can press in the notes on a virtual fretboard and it tells you what the chord is. And its got quite a few other little cool things.

Guest idol_wild
Not sure about online, but if you happen to have an ipod touch or an iphone theres this guitar toolkit app where you can press in the notes on a virtual fretboard and it tells you what the chord is. And its got quite a few other little cool things.

Ooocha. On it. I'm sure my iPod Touch will find a way to make itself incompatible with the app, though.

This is great, but it doesn't seem to allow the placement of a capo. That would be super handy.

Does it not allow you to input it as if you were playing a bar chord?

Guest idol_wild

Very useful links, folks. Cheers.

Some of the chords I use have names consisting of about 7 or 8 characters. That is not cool. :down:

Very useful links, folks. Cheers.

Some of the chords I use have names consisting of about 7 or 8 characters.

Such as 'Roberto' or 'Terrance'?

I'm guessing something like A5add9addb11 or B7sus2sus4/A (copypaste from a 4 note cord I put into the last one). Really not as complicated as they sound.

Guest idol_wild
I'm guessing something like A5add9addb11 or B7sus2sus4/A (copypaste from a 4 note cord I put into the last one). Really not as complicated as they sound.

Really really not as complicated as they sound.

I can't play difficult chords.