aberdeen-music

Wizard Festival 2010 - 27th / 28th August

Guest Gladstone

Guest Gladstone

This is the official Wizard Festival 2010 thread - keep an eye out here for news and announcements.

If you have any questions about the festival you can post them here, and I'll do my best to keep an eye on the thread and post replies here. Alternatively, you can e-mail me at calumATwizardfestival.com, and I'll do my best to get the answer for you!

Also - keep an eye on the website:

Wizard Festival - Scottish Music Festival - Aberdeenshire - Scotland

Cheers,

Calum

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gladstone

We are now accepting artist demo submissions with a closing date of Friday 7th May. Please forward CD and biography to:

Wizard Festival Ltd

Byron Lodge

Keplahill

Longside

Aberdeenshire

AB42 4XD

Cheers,

Calum

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Mondays to headline Wizard - Madhester comes to the north east on Saturday night

Dance pioneers and the legends who put the 'Mad' into 'Chester' - Happy Mondays have been confirmed as headliners of the North East's Wizard two day music and arts festival.

The iconic 'madchester' act with Shaun Ryder, Bez and pals are confirmed to headline the main stage on Saturday 28th August. The band, widely regarded as the instigators of the Manchester music revolution of the late 80's will be returning to the North East at the New Deer festival this summer.

Wizard Festival is yet to announce the other acts for the event's four stages of music that includes local musicians, DJ's, up and coming Scottish acts and some of the UK's top bands.

Roy Thain, festival director said, "Our festival goers are always very vocal about which bands they want to see at Wizard and The Happy Mondays have always been one of the top requests from Wizard fans so we are really pleased to have secured the band at Wizard. The number of people that attend Wizard is growing every year so we have to make sure that we provide a wide range of music acts to suit all tastes. This band will certainly get fans excited and we will be announcing some more great acts in the next few months."

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gladstone

The closing date for 2010 demo applications has now passed, a big thank you to all who applied, the selection process has now begun and those chosen to perform at the festival shall be contacted over the coming weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gladstone
Alabama 3 play every single Scottish festival every year.

This is not meant in a negative way to WF.

I think they've only played Wizard once before (3 years ago)! They went down really well as far as I remember!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

DJ duo SLAM to headline second stage on Saturday 28 August.

www.myspace.com/slamofficial

Re Wizard ticket page

Links for Skiddle & See tickets both go to tickets-scotland.com site, instead of....

Skiddle

See Tickets

Can also buy online via aberdeenboxoffice.

Abdn box office

So anyway +5 booking fee looks like the lowest cost ticket, presume same in outlets, are the tickets at the gate the same price? I will try and convince some people to come but they may just wait on the weather!...