aberdeen-music

Predators

Le Stu

Predators Movie

I expect this will turn out to be rubbish, by the general law of tainted franchises but maybe it'll be rad, who knows.

I think Robert Rodriguez wrote it and his company are producing so should be good.

If memory serves Predator 2 was pretty good, although I'm going on the memory of seeing it at the Odeon on Justice Mill Lane in 1990, aged 12.

I think Robert Rodriguez wrote it and his company are producing so should be good.

If memory serves Predator 2 was pretty good, although I'm going on the memory of seeing it at the Odeon on Justice Mill Lane in 1990, aged 12.

It's okay but yeah, not a patch on the original. King Willy was pretty ace.

"you don't see the eyes of the demon, 'till him come callin'..."

FUC-KING VOODOO MAGIC MON, AHAHA :up:

I'm a fan of Rodriguez' films so we shall see.

"you don't see the eyes of the demon, 'till him come callin'..."

FUC-KING VOODOO MAGIC MON, AHAHA :up:

:laughing: I love that bit. P2 isnt as good as Predator but not many sequels are. I'll definitely be going to see Predators, regardless if I hear it's shite - it's just got to be done.

Yeah, it's the lines in the first one.

"...I'll bleed ya, real quiet.."

Had a lad's movie night watching this and we were absolutely pissing ourselves :laughing:

Best line in Pred is a tough contest. My votes are all Arnie. "Stick around", "knock knock", "If it bleeds, we can kill it" and, the somewhat obvious but utter classic "Get to the choppa!!!". "Stick around" possibly edges it as my favourite Arnie line ever, just beating "Let off some steam Bennet!" from Commando.

The first AvP has the distinction of being the only film ever to lead to a complaint from my neighbours about my surround system. It was OK, a forgettable bit of fun.

The second AvP has the distinction of being one of the worst films I have ever seen. Probably second only to AI: Artificial Intelligence.

The first AvP has the distinction of being the only film ever to lead to a complaint from my neighbours about my surround system. It was OK, a forgettable bit of fun.

The second AvP has the distinction of being one of the worst films I have ever seen. Probably second only to AI: Artificial Intelligence.

AI was only more awful because you went into it with high expectations. AvP2: Requiem was an insult to even my stupidity.

• 3 months later...

Saw this last night.....

Long Tall Sally. Check.

Falling into a lake off a high section of Jungle. Check.

Covered in mud to fight predator. Check.

Use some of Arnie's lines. Check

Guy stops to fight predator using only a blade. Check.

etc etc etc.

Still quite enjoyed it though, if a bit silly in places. Also, Adrian Brody is not really an action hero, he's fairly been putting in the reps at the gym though.

6/10