aberdeen-music

Local radio ???

GraemeC

Guest idol_wild
Whats the score with local radio these days? dont listen to it much so im out of touch, would there be any dj's worth contacting about some exposure for PALLAS...?

G...

I think most people are in the same boat as you.

Guest droid
Whats the score with local radio these days? dont listen to it much so im out of touch, would there be any dj's worth contacting about some exposure for PALLAS...?

G...

I don't think Dave Lee Travis is on local radio. :D

I gave up on Northsound about a year after they started. There was a brief period when it had shows which covered minoroty tastes...but it seemed to descend into crap pretty quickly (although it migh have perked up again without me hearing it!).

I seem to have missed Original 106 totally.....any good?

Send a promo to SHMU FM instead. They seem to try a lot harder.

I gave up on Northsound about a year after they started. There was a brief period when it had shows which covered minoroty tastes...but it seemed to descend into crap pretty quickly (although it migh have perked up again without me hearing it!).

I seem to have missed Original 106 totally.....any good?

Send a promo to SHMU FM instead. They seem to try a lot harder.

Aye cheers... I had made a note to give SHMU a shout and in fact made contact a week or two ago...

How do you get the word out to an older usually non-gig going audience in this fuckin shithole, one horse god damn town where the press have no interest in music unless its oasis or daniel 'o' fuckin donell.. deep breath deep breath!!

I just want the word to get out to old Pallas fans who probably think the band fell off the edge of the world in 1985..

A few years ago I could have put posters in post office windows but now most pensioners are paid into their bank... I could put an ad in SAGA I spose... sigh!!

A younger audience is what they need... I could offer sweeties... nah possibly not:nono:

Guest idol_wild
How do you get the word out to an older usually non-gig going audience in this fuckin shithole, one horse god damn town where the press have no interest in music unless its oasis or daniel 'o' fuckin donell.. deep breath deep breath!!

I just want the word to get out to old Pallas fans who probably think the band fell off the edge of the world in 1985..

A few years ago I could have put posters in post office windows but now most pensioners are paid into their bank... I could put an ad in SAGA I spose... sigh!!

A younger audience is what they need... I could offer sweeties... nah possibly not:nono:

Do you go to gigs frequently yourself?

Guest Gladstone

It's a pretty tough one, but it would certainly do no harm trying to get some coverage on Original 106 (give Andy_Original (think that's his username) on here a shout). And Mike Gordon at Northsound 1 is probably the best person to contact - you should be able to find contact details on the website.

Something like North Tonight is a pretty good shout - but convincing anyone on there to mention the story will probably be pretty tough.

To try and get younger fans - Facebook is probably the best bet - but again - will be difficult to pinpoint the correct people.

It might actually be quite a good idea to try and get Original / Northsound to mention it during the day - a lot of people will have these stations on at work. Think you just need to pick up the phone and force them to let you speak to someone of importance...

If you have any gigs planned, send me an email (david.lewis@originalfm.com) and I will make sure they are included in our What's On Guide (which gets aired 3 times a day).

As for mp3's, email them over, I can promise anything but we have a Sunday night show (10-midnight) which plays local bands, new music etc, so I can certainly forward any mp3's into the pile to possibly be included.

David

Original 106

We're always happy to hear from local bands/artists at shmu in order to get folk featured as our local artist/band of the week. This involves having your music played numerous times through the day for a week, including the breakfast and cruise control shows, 2hours where you're asked to come into the station on a Tuesday between 10 and midnight for the 'Ultimate Local Sensations' with Uls, which has been a blast recently and again on a cruise control show towards the end of the week.

We'll make sure all your music stays on the system so that it gets pulled up during day time play lists, non-stop music hours etc and anyone can request it after your week has gone.

If you are interested the email me at naomi@shmu.org.uk and we'll see what we can sort out.

We have Velvet Audio in the studio tonight so go a head and give it a listen to see what you could be letting yourself in for . . . 99.8fm in Aberdeen or online at Shmu community media productions if you know the boys then you're welcome to text/email/phone them as well!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello people,

Just thought I'd give my little radio show a plug;-) It's not in Aberdeen but it IS on the East Coast!! East Coast FM, (East Lothian) Mad Dan's Rawk & Metal Show Every Friday night 8 - Midnight. Played Pallas many times over the years on my shows on previous station Black Diamond FM as well!

Play old school stuff and new stuff, great fun and a good laugh, even have the webcam on for a jump around.

Loads of interviews on the show as well, this Friday night Ryan from Airbourne and Mikey from Taking Dawn, past interviews on my shows, Ace Frehley, gene Simmons, Bruce Kulick, Jon Oliva, Phil Demmel, Tony Mills, Jon Lord, Don Airey, Dream Theatre, Airbiurne, Stone Gods, Tony Iommi, Biff, Doro, Marillion, Soulfly, Theory Of a Deadman, Joe Lomenzo, Dave Miniketti, Ricky Warwick, Lamb Of God, Klaus Miene...an so on!!

listen live here:

East Coast FM - Community Radio For East Lothian

Friday nights 8 - midnight

better than Rock radios Friday night show, better than Bruce' BBC friday night show!!

That's not me who says that!! That's the listeners. ask 'em;-)

Anyhoo.....

Keep Rawkin'

MDMc :bat: