aberdeen-music

'Ou Sont Les Elephants' - debut album from JJ Bull (ex-10 Easy Wishes) 20th March

e1jglfnvz0rrcvs03qry_thumb.jpgsrk5yy4bl0wkdkvnp9ax_thumb.jpg

JJ Bull, formerly of noise pop trio 10 Easy Wishes, will self release his debut album 'Ou Sont Les Elephants' on CD and digital format on the 20th of March! With musical influences like Frightened Rabbit, The Swell Season, The Who, Fleetwood Mac, Friendly Fires and most of Motown, the record has a familiar sound to it so it shouldn't offend your ear-drums and the lyrics are all nice short stories, with a lot of honesty thrown in for good measure.

The album is a result of about a year and a half's work - either writing, saving up to record, recording and self-publishing and I am really proud of myself with the results! While it may seem somewhat big headed to say so, I'm really happy with the record and I would love it if anyone gave some of the tracks a wee listen on Myspace or came to any of the actual release shows. If you fancied buying one that would be amazing, but just listening and maybe telling some pals about it would really help my hard work pay off.

JJ Bull & The Dinosaurs (members from Right Hand Left, 10 Easy Wishes, Deportees and Crashdown) will play in-store at One Up on the 20th of March at 4pm, and at Drummonds on the 2nd of April with special guests.

'Ou Sont Les Elephants' will be available from One Up, HMV Aberdeen, iTunes and Spotify.

Feel free to give me any feedback on any of the songs, I would really appreciate it.

JJ Bull - Album released 22nd March on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

follow me on twitter (I don't like twitter) @jj_bull

Ou Sont Les Elephants

March 20th, 2010

1. Grandstand

2. 121 Miles

3. June 21st

4. Coal

5. Chalk Scene

6. Don't Paint

7. Capital City

8. Mr Box

9. Tommy

10. Duck Soup

11. Tokyo

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Go and read lucky's review then go and buy this album. I've only had a brief listen on myspace but liked what I heard. I'll certainly be buying a copy.

Just so you know JJ - i havent been giving your album out!

The other half and her flatmate nabbed a copy of an earlier mix from my laptop when it was left at the flat - pesky quines fiddling with my itunes!

Theyll both still buy the finished one.

And thats more quines in the audience - so thatll make you look good to seedy A and R men who want to see if you can "get the girls".

Guest Gladstone
Just so you know JJ - i havent been giving your album out!

The other half and her flatmate nabbed a copy of an earlier mix from my laptop when it was left at the flat - pesky quines fiddling with my itunes!

Theyll both still buy the finished one.

And thats more quines in the audience - so thatll make you look good to seedy A and R men who want to see if you can "get the girls".

I don't believe any of this for a second. There's no way you've got yourself a girlfriend Milner. Just no way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...