aberdeen-music

band member leaving

HARLEY BENTON

hi all,

we have a band member leaving us but wants a lum sum payout rather than royalties and future earnings.

a band agreement was in the making but was not signed so we have agreed a sum with him but want him to sign a disclaimer stating that no future attempt will be made by him to claim royalties or stake a claim to the music.

is there any documents i could download or copy as i have tried to draft a letter but don't know how to word it.

any help would be gratefully recieved

thanks in advance.

Have you tried kicking his cunt in?

If you're really concerned about money against future earnings, the opinions of the people of this forum are worth squat. You need a solicitor.

I agree with this 100%

Can I suggest Aberdeen lawyer and superstar musician Graeme Murray ... he's just sacked their singer of 25yrs so this subject is fresh in his mind.

I agree with this 100%

Can I suggest Aberdeen lawyer and superstar musician Graeme Murray ... he's just sacked their singer of 25yrs so this subject is fresh in his mind.

Ooh, whats the inside story on that, their site said exactly nothing when I looked.

Rock band sackings so often seem to come with a side order of Stalinist revisionism, admittedly often for legal reasons... "What, we've always been like this, I know nahthing etc, who, oh the other dead man" etc.

Is it 'Musical Differences'

Tell the little shit to piss off, give him fuck all apart from personal abuse and remain cold towards him for the rest of your life.

And ignore him when he tries to be all matey, because the cunt has left and you need no longer put up with his personal shortcomings which you used to bite your lip about.

And get out there gigging, Tomintoul is crying out for a more healthy and vibrant metal scene. It's gone too long without it and the kids deserve better.

:up:

Ooh, whats the inside story on that, their site said exactly nothing when I looked.

Rock band sackings so often seem to come with a side order of Stalinist revisionism, admittedly often for legal reasons... "What, we've always been like this, I know nahthing etc, who, oh the other dead man" etc.

Is it 'Musical Differences'

Geographical differences as much as musical from what i can surmise :)