aberdeen-music

Contra...

Guest highroller

Guest scott cs.

i only ever caught them sound-checking at The Moorings once, what i saw, i liked. i thought their bassist was shit hot, he plays some top lines.

*Nods and agrees*

Last night was a total treat after the pishy sound at The Moorings the other week. A fine replacement for Misled Youth not playing. (And that band Quik weren't too bad either. Point Blank, omfg, rock on!!!)

Contra never fail to satisfy, they should be huge! The EP is fairly decent, well worth 4. I look forward to the next one.

:up:

Guest highroller

haha thanks amy...we didnt play point blank the best last night...

You wont get to hear it either at the next quik gig which is August 7th at Moorings...why?

Cos ill be in singapore and indonesia then and James WBL will be playing drums...Point Blank is just a bit too complex (song structure wise) to show him before I go. He is doing well though. Very well.

Expect a 6 song set with him which sees the return of one REALLY old Quik song...as in really old and we used to open our set with...fast and heavy with an old school hardcore style breakdown in the middle...

They are doing "in dreams" with him though which i must say he has got to grips with well...

Contra are fucking ace! They have such a great variety of songs from Disconnected to Summer Rain and Concrete Jungle to Without You(my favourite song by them). Last night was their best I have seen them.

Haha yeh I noticed a few mistakes on Quik's new song but acceptable seeing as it was first time you played it live. I though the August 7th gig was at Moshulu? ?(

Haha yeh I noticed a few mistakes on Quik's new song but acceptable seeing as it was first time you played it live. I though the August 7th gig was at Moshulu? ?(

Second time, actually. :p

Yeah, 2 little birdies told me about James. That should be hella good! Are we talking like older than Punktuality?? I'm intruiged now.

hmmm. dont agree saw them with the xcerts one time. dancy (as in you could dance to them) very good performance, but the music was actually pretty boring... cant imagine what they'd be like on cd... i guess they could have got better since the date of that gig i went to... i guess ska is not really my thing.