aberdeen-music

Aberdeen bands in the 60s?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I was going to say, if theres any recordings then it would need to be on record, it wasn't like today where bands could just jump into Captain Ziggy's Groovey Tomhut and churn out a 1hour demo for 15....:D most bands were likely cover bands and those that dared to try something original probably never owned instruments, let alone a Revox and Unidyne :(

Guest Tam o' Shantie
I was going to say, if theres any recordings then it would need to be on record, it wasn't like today where bands could just jump into Captain Ziggy's Groovey Tomhut and churn out a 1hour demo for 15....:D most bands were likely cover bands and those that dared to try something original probably never owned instruments, let alone a Revox and Unidyne :(

true that but I was thinking more of master tapes...

I was thinking master tapes actually...

• 5 months later...

*blushing*

Many thanks for that, Chilli......but I didn't start playing live til well into my dotage (after 2000). I must admit I was a tiny bit miffed not to get a mention in 'Fit like New York' for my recording efforts though (which began in the mid 70s).

If an appeal went out in the press, local forums etc I can imagine a few hidden gems of recordings from Aberdeen bands of the 60s being dug up. A 3 disc set of 60s, 70s & 80s might be an intriguing thing?