aberdeen-music

Corey Haim dead

Lemonade

Ah I was just coming on to post this. The thread should have been titled "Whatever happened to Corey Haim?" and then had the news of his death as the content.

Sad, if I had a copy of lost boys I'd watch it in tribute. Or maybe just because it's an ace film.

Guest Gladstone

Lost Boys 2?

I've never even heard of that! I fucking love the Lost Boys though.

Dead at 38? Fucking hell, that's me in 10 years (38 I mean, hopefully not dead).

That said, I have 2.5 days left to join the 27 Club...

Guest Gladstone

According to wiki (so it must be true), he's died of an apparent overdose.

Why do so many people in "showbiz" succumb to fucking drugs?

Such a shame - Corey Haim was brilliant in The Lost Boys. Him and Nanuk were the stars of that film without question.

Guest Gladstone
Just told somebody at work and they said "Who?". I said he was the star of Lost Boys, License to Drive and... checked on wiki and it seems that was about it, how come he's so famous?

Isn't it more of a cult fame? I.e. Lost Boys is somewhat of a cult movie isn't it? I certainly don't know an awful lot of people who are aware of it, despite it being fucking brilliant. It's one of very few movies that I've seen probably about 40 times.

Is Lost Boys 2 any good?

Why do so many people in "showbiz" succumb to fucking drugs?

They can afford them, they can obtain them easily, they have free time to take them, they are invited to a lot of parties, they are prone to feelings of indestructibility, they are o9ften prone to the desire to self destruct, to look cool, cos all their friends do it. There are probably other reasons too.

Never heard of 'im, never seen Lost Boys 1 or 2. Still a shame though.

Guest Gladstone
They can afford them, they can obtain them easily, they have free time to take them, they are invited to a lot of parties, they are prone to feelings of indestructibility, they are o9ften prone to the desire to self destruct, to look cool, cos all their friends do it. There are probably other reasons too.

Never heard of 'im, never seen Lost Boys 1 or 2. Still a shame though.

You should really watch Lost Boys - it's great.

Best vampire movie ever made, bar none.

Just told somebody at work and they said "Who?". I said he was the star of Lost Boys, License to Drive and... checked on wiki and it seems that was about it, how come he's so famous?

He was in one with Nicole Eggert from Baywatch (and Corey Feldman!) once called Blown Away. I watched it when I was about 12 because it had Nicole Eggert from Baywatch in it, and she was naked for a lot of it. It was a pretty grown-up role for the Coreys, loads and loads of shagging and the cover had them both holding guns with a naked Nicole Eggert in the background it. I'm gonna go track that down actually...

Also Scuba School was the two Coreys wasn't it?

Licence To Drive is one of the GREAT 80s movies IMO. I love it.

He was in one with Nicole Eggert from Baywatch (and Corey Feldman!) once called Blown Away. I watched it when I was about 12 because it had Nicole Eggert from Baywatch in it, and she was naked for a lot of it. It was a pretty grown-up role for the Coreys, loads and loads of shagging and the cover had them both holding guns with a naked Nicole Eggert in the background it. I'm gonna go track that down actually...

Oh yeah, forgot about Blown Away and Scuba School, if only I'd made reference to them she would have known exactly who I was on about.

He was in one with Nicole Eggert from Baywatch (and Corey Feldman!) once called Blown Away. I watched it when I was about 12 because it had Nicole Eggert from Baywatch in it, and she was naked for a lot of it. It was a pretty grown-up role for them, a sort of sexy drama and the cover had them both holding guns with a naked Nicole Eggert on it. I'm gonna go track that down actually...

Who was that Baywatch girl again...?

...go on, you've only mentioned her a few times!

RIP The Haimster (as he was affectionately known)

Who was that Baywatch girl again...?

...go on, you've only mentioned her a few times!

RIP The Haimster (as he was affectionately known)

She played Summer in Baywatch! Come on, you must have watched Baywatch.

Do a Google image search from "Summer Quinn". Imagine staring at that on a Saturday night when you're a 13 year old boy.

Guest Gladstone
She played Summer in Baywatch! Come on, you must have watched Baywatch.

Do a Google image search from "Summer Quinn". Imagine staring at that on a Saturday night when you're a 13 year old boy.

Summer was the hot blonde one right? (Not Pamela Anderson). I'm going to google image that right now. If it's who I'm thinking, she was amazing.

Summer was the hot blonde one right? (Not Pamela Anderson). I'm going to google image that right now. If it's who I'm thinking, she was amazing.

Yeah that's her, blonde and a bit more "girl-next-door" and less whoreish that Pamela Anderson. I always liked Summer better that CJ.

How have people not heard of the two coreys?!
Didn't pay much attention to teenage boy heart-throbs when I was younger like. I was too busy listening to Limp bizkit, popping zits and pulling girls hair thinking they'd enjoy it and let me touch their boobs and inner thighs.

Collectively, being a fuckwit.

:down: