aberdeen-music

Dance band?

Localboylost

If only I was In The Mood.

EDIT-I've tried nae to say it, but it must be said, that is a list of Indie Bands, only Primal Scream have made a 'dance' album, and ace it was too, but they are 10th rate Stones impersonators now.

Now I'm not saying its impossible to make Dance Music (never a term I liked) with those influences, but its not what springs to the mind of anyone who has spent years clubbing.

Ach, maybe I'm being pedantic semantic, but I love the dancefloor.

Guest Gladstone
If only I was In The Mood.

EDIT-I've tried nae to say it, but it must be said, that is a list of Indie Bands, only Primal Scream have made a 'dance' album, and ace it was too, but they are 10th rate Stones impersonators now.

Now I'm not saying its impossible to make Dance Music (never a term I liked) with those influences, but its not what springs to the mind of anyone who has spent years clubbing.

Ach, maybe I'm being pedantic semantic, but I love the dancefloor.

It should probably be "indie/dance" or something. I can't be arsed looking back up at the list of bands, but I'm an indie fan, and I class Kasabian (for example) as an indie band that are a bit dancey, or a dancey indie band, or something.

Not just guitars, bass, drums, but with some dancey shit thrown in for good measure. I really love bands like Kasabian at the moment.

Closest you get to that in Aberdeen is probably Free Korps - they're ace.

It should probably be "indie/dance" or something. I can't be arsed looking back up at the list of bands, but I'm an indie fan, and I class Kasabian (for example) as an indie band that are a bit dancey, or a dancey indie band, or something.

Not just guitars, bass, drums, but with some dancey shit thrown in for good measure. I really love bands like Kasabian at the moment.

Closest you get to that in Aberdeen is probably Free Korps - they're ace.

Yeah i was thinking about saying indie/dance but i just hate saying indie haha, But yeah i think you see where i'm coming from cuz i'm heavily into Kasabian right now too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...