aberdeen-music

BLINK 182 @ AECC, AUGUST 16th 2010

I'm guessing 'M' is a bass drum and 'K' is a snare drum. In which case he's describing the playing style of someone other than Travis Barker but hey, if that's what he wants to do that's ok. Sounds more like the playing style of Blink 182s drummer pre-Travis which was took that standard pop punk form.

Edit: that's not to say that he never plays that way, obviously he does, it's still pop punk after all, more that he does other things too which could be perceived as interesting to some folks.

Dear oh dear.

I don't particularly like Blink 182, but it is ridiculous to suggest that Barker is a bad drummer. He's quite obviously not a bad drummer. What he does is, generally speaking, far more inventive than clichd pop punk beats, if such things even exist.

What makes me laugh about metal is people who take it far too seriously. To be frank, I'd get far more joy out of a present day Blink 182 show than a Metallica one.

Dear oh dear.

I don't particularly like Blink 182, but it is ridiculous to suggest that Barker is a bad drummer. He's quite obviously not a bad drummer. What he does is, generally speaking, far more inventive than clichd pop punk beats, if such things even exist.

What makes me laugh about metal is people who take it far too seriously. To be frank, I'd get far more joy out of a present day Blink 182 show than a Metallica one.

Hell me too.

Metallica suck. This whole "you only like metalz, what would you know" thing is starting to et pretty tired. A quick glance at my profile would show otherwise.

It's generic pop punk drum beats

Most genres will have a generic beat which is commonly used. For pop punk, that is one of them, amongst others. Congratulations on figuring one of them out.

For a genre you don't like, you don't half harp on about it.Can't you just... I dunno... stop? You've made your point at least 3 dozen times, and I can predict that approximately give or take ZERO people give a fuck. Especially when your opinion is questioned by the means of debate, and you fire back childish rhetoric. At first, most of us probably wouldn't have taken your opinion as a valid one, but when you were un willing to back it up (eg, when I asked what you expected of Travis, considering he's playing in a 4/4 pop punk band, you said he should die painfully... Charming) then you just became a pain in the arse.

You should have to pass some sort of aptitude test to use the internet. It would save alot of hassle. Unauthorised users will have their hands chopped to bits by the keyboard, like when a vampire would touch Wesley Snipes' sword in Blade, and it mutilated their hand. That'll teach you.

Most genres will have a generic beat which is commonly used. For pop punk, that is one of them, amongst others. Congratulations on figuring one of them out.

For a genre you don't like, you don't half harp on about it.Can't you just... I dunno... stop? You've made your point at least 3 dozen times, and I can predict that approximately give or take ZERO people give a fuck. Especially when your opinion is questioned by the means of debate, and you fire back childish rhetoric. At first, most of us probably wouldn't have taken your opinion as a valid one, but when you were un willing to back it up (eg, when I asked what you expected of Travis, considering he's playing in a 4/4 pop punk band, you said he should die painfully... Charming) then you just became a pain in the arse.

You should have to pass some sort of aptitude test to use the internet. It would save alot of hassle. Unauthorised users will have their hands chopped to bits by the keyboard, like when a vampire would touch Wesley Snipes' sword in Blade, and it mutilated their hand. That'll teach you.

......watcheeeeeeng, waiteeeeeeng, for this thread, to be closed.