aberdeen-music

BLINK 182 @ AECC, AUGUST 16th 2010

I can't understand that mentality though, wishing death upon a musician just because you don't like their music is the most meat-headed and stupid thing. Some of my friends play music I don't particularly like, but I'm not going to send them anthrax in the post, am I? Christ.

This is sensible in theory, but the sad truth is that there are a number of musicians I would like to see involved in a motorway pile-up or a hotel fire, Phil Collins, no-talent ass-clown Michael Bolton, Jamie Cullum to name but three off the top of my head.

In my defence it's not JUST because I don't like their music, but also because they are total cunts.

I think he's a medium drummer. It's not exaclty a taxing role, but he handles it OK.

Really, really bad band though.

A medium drummer? What the fuck does "medium" mean?

I'm no Blink fan.....but the guy is excellent. I have never understood why Travis gets so much stick. His playing and technique are absolutely flawless, and a shitload more imaginative than most in his genre. I would challenge anyone of these boards to play the stuff he does with the same quality. It is NOT easy.

Joey Jordison with Slipknot, another superb drummer, always gets the same treatment.....never understood this. You might not like the band, but spotting a quality musician ain't that difficult.

A medium drummer? What the fuck does "medium" mean?

I'm no Blink fan.....but the guy is excellent. I have never understood why Travis gets so much stick. His playing and technique are absolutely flawless, and a shitload more imaginative than most in his genre. I would challenge anyone of these boards to play the stuff he does with the same quality. It is NOT easy.

Joey Jordison with Slipknot, another superb drummer, always gets the same treatment.....never understood this. You might not like the band, but spotting a quality musician ain't that difficult.

You need me to explain what medium means? Really?

I think he's a decent drummer. Not great. Not bad. Medium.

You need me to explain what medium means? Really?

I think he's a decent drummer. Not great. Not bad. Medium.

The point I'm making is that virtually no other professional drummer is so universally (and undeservingly) criticised as Travis Barker. His music is shit, but his drumming definitely isn't. Why do people seem to queue up to slag his playing off? It's just fucking weird.

There are surely far more deserving candidates....none of whom seem to get any grief whatsever.

Why are people discussing Travis Barker so much? He's only a fucking drummer. I don't know how you could say he's a bad drummer to be honest but I don't think his drumming is worth discussing.

Peeved I missed this gig as I'll always have a soft spot for Blink 182. Maybe I'll see them next time they come to Aberdeen...

his drumming is brilliant, he totally blew the other guys in the band away last night. prob does every night tho to be fair.

i agree the solo wasnt special, but think he has amazing snare drum technique going on and like the whole dance style solo which you dont see so much. very tommy lee inspired with all the upside down stuff.

I can't understand that mentality though, wishing death upon a musician just because you don't like their music is the most meat-headed and stupid thing. Some of my friends play music I don't particularly like, but I'm not going to send them anthrax in the post, am I? Christ.
Jesus, dude, I'm not a fan but the man's a father.
Were you dropped as a child or something? What the hell is wrong with you?

do you take everything so seriously? if someone says jesus fucking christ they dont mean :

IMAGE REMOVED

i didnt think this pic would fly with the mods but it was worth a shot. swift work frost.

Debate isn't really your fort, is it? You are much too Metal for that.

you dont know me at all. not even a little bit.

I don't think you guys understand what he is saying, being flown in a rocket that is not only PINK but also shaped like a PENIS is the ultimate insult before you die. Imagine being called gay on your death bed, terrifying.

would you like to be launched ino the sun in a pink rocket? (i though so)

i've gotten a lot of negative rep for this thread, glad it doesnt really mean anything.

but for murr - i'm not trying to be funny

soda jerk - i'm not here to entertain you

vega - i'm not even going to say anything.

bigsby - i can always count on you to take everything i say with a pinch of salt.

about his solo - its been done before. soemone mentioned tommy lee, Joey joridson as well did the whole upside down thing but in a much more spectacular fashion. (i'd say joey is excellent but shouldnt ever solo.....its not very good when he does)

seriously though, does no one else think they are too old for playing these songs now?

• Upvote 1

do you take everything so seriously? if someone says jesus fucking christ they dont mean...

No, I just thought what you were saying made you sound like an idiot. Making 'gggaaayyy' jokes about pink rockets (?!) and saying that drummers you don't like should die is stuff that most people give up on when they're about 11, and when they're 12, think "Wow, I really was a massive tool, wasn't I?".

No, I just thought what you were saying made you sound like an idiot. Making 'gggaaayyy' jokes about pink rockets (?!) and saying that drummers you don't like should die is stuff that most people give up on when they're about 11, and when they're 12, think "Wow, I really was a massive tool, wasn't I?".

"whats my age again?"

the true nature of the pink rocket could never be explained. thinking of it as one big gay joke just proves to me how little you grasp the concept of it.

Every so often a thread creeps along that just makes this site worth going on. Well done guys.

Travis Barker is a good drummer but sadly he plays music that is just rubbish in my ears.

Joey Jordison is overrated. Good metal drummer buts that's all.

As for the drum solo ... Well the drum riser stunt has been done to death and is a crap gimmick. Tommy Lee done it originally but he gets away with it because he has a whooring cock and has shagged abdy awaii! Plus he has snorted half of Peru.

• Upvote 1

Every so often a thread creeps along that just makes this site worth going on. Well done guys.

Travis Barker is a good drummer but sadly he plays music that is just rubbish in my ears.

Joey Jordison is overrated. Good metal drummer buts that's all.

As for the drum solo ... Well the drum riser stunt has been done to death and is a crap gimmick. Tommy Lee done it originally but he gets away with it because he has a whooring cock and has shagged abdy awaii! Plus he has snorted half of Peru.

as always, caz puts shit in perspective.

Travis is a bloody good drummer, you really can't deny that he's one of, if not THE best in his genre.

Wishing death upon a man that you don't even know is just balls, although i've said it jokingly several times about "emo kids" and James Blunt, you seem to REALLY dislike this guy with no real grounds whatsoever other than the fact that you don't like his music. I'm not a fan of Blink 182 either, but at the end of the day, they got up to the "status" they're at for a reason. People obviously must like their music, or they wouldn't be selling out gigs, or making multi-million selling records, right?

Travis is a bloody good drummer, you really can't deny that he's one of, if not THE best in his genre.

Wishing death upon a man that you don't even know is just balls, although i've said it jokingly several times about "emo kids" and James Blunt, you seem to REALLY dislike this guy with no real grounds whatsoever other than the fact that you don't like his music. I'm not a fan of Blink 182 either, but at the end of the day, they got up to the "status" they're at for a reason. People obviously must like their music, or they wouldn't be selling out gigs, or making multi-million selling records, right?

being the best of a bad bunch is nothing to boast about

in his genre i'd say tre cool easily blows him away.

i've already said i dont actually wish death on him (though it would be nice)

i have plenty of grounds i just dont feel compelled to explain myself.

that reason you talk about is proper marketing, advertisement... aimed at the target market. so, wrong? you could sell anything to kids if you made them think it was cool.