aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
LiamBrown

BLINK 182 @ AECC, AUGUST 16th 2010

the AECC flyer email thing seems to work as a pre-sale despite it saying tickets on sale the morn and if going direct to ticketmaster it does say there is a pre-sale to gigs in scotland so agreed it's one of the easiest pre-sales finds ever!

got mine this afternoon, was surprised that the presales hadn't sold out by about lunchtime..

looking at what nine inch nails and jane's addiction did last year [big gigs + festivals together] i get the feeling there's a good chance that it'll be one of the other bands playing reading/leeds...i'm hoping for weezer, since they've toured together a bit before..could just be wishful thinking though.

Can we not swap Blink 182 for G'n'R, that would be much more fun. With Gogol Bordello or Queens of the Stone Age in support. Actually I doubt Queens would play with Axl after he kicked Eagles of Death Metal off a tour. He called them the 'Pigeons of Shit Metal'. Oh Axl you ginger dread wig mentalist.

Support is Twin Atlantic & Our Lunar Activities according to gigsinscotland.

both those bands sound quite good but was kinda expecting at least one more established act to support & perhaps nae both scottish but well done to these bands for getting to play sold out aecc.

Support is Twin Atlantic & Our Lunar Activities according to gigsinscotland.

BOOO! Twin Atlantic get the support for way too much. Their supporting Limp Bizkit and supported Lost Prophets and Smashing Pumpkins! Guess I was a bit too hopeful to have a decent support. Cant complain though Blink 182 yas!

BOOO! Twin Atlantic get the support for way too much. Their supporting Limp Bizkit and supported Lost Prophets and Smashing Pumpkins! Guess I was a bit too hopeful to have a decent support. Cant complain though Blink 182 yas!

It's not exactly their fault is it. You wouldn't turn it down!

I'm surprised there's not an American act supporting with 'local' support so to speak.

Woah Woah Woah! Hold the phone.

Where are "The Smashing Pumpkins" playing?

Woah Woah Woah! Hold the phone.

Where are "The Smashing Pumpkins" playing?

He said "supported". They were main support for them in Glasgow in 2008.

Twin Atlantic are a bit disappointing. Our Lunar Activities sound good though, they've recorded with Hoppus in the past so it makes sense.