aberdeen-music

BLINK 182 @ AECC, AUGUST 16th 2010

being the best of a bad bunch is nothing to boast about

in his genre i'd say tre cool easily blows him away.

i've already said i dont actually wish death on him (though it would be nice)

i have plenty of grounds i just dont feel compelled to explain myself.

that reason you talk about is proper marketing, advertisement... aimed at the target market. so, wrong? you could sell anything to kids if you made them think it was cool.

Tre cool? No.

you don't wish death upon him... though it would be nice? Contradicting yourself mate. Get a grip.

Blink 182 probably started out just as any other pop punk band did. 3 guys playing their instruments with eachother, probabably in a basement or garage, and they've done well for themselves. Like I said, i'm not a fan of them at all, but you've got to give them props for getting to where they are.

Tre cool? No.

you don't wish death upon him... though it would be nice? Contradicting yourself mate. Get a grip.

Blink 182 probably started out just as any other pop punk band did. 3 guys playing their instruments with eachother, probabably in a basement or garage, and they've done well for themselves. Like I said, i'm not a fan of them at all, but you've got to give them props for getting to where they are.

that was kind of the point.... if you'd bothered to read the rest of the thread you'd have understood that. mate.

tre cool is almost as bad, but still better. like i said, best of a bad bunch is still not a good thing

yeah, they are still playing bullshit songs they wrote when they were 14. its them that need to get a grip

observation clearly isn't your thing, stick to the TANbourine.

I don't feel a need to read the whole thread, I can gather from the most recent comments that you're blatantly bashing some guy you don't even know.

The songs they wrote when they were 14 are the ones that got them to where they are. they're their "classics" if you will.

Are you suggesting that Megadeth should stop playing their old songs?

Tanbourine? You're so witty.

I can't be bothered wasting my time on this argument any more.

I don't know you at all, but I think reading what you've typed into your computer in a sad attempt to be slightly humurous in a situation where it is clearly not required gives me a good idea of how ridiculous you may actually be in person.

I don't feel a need to read the whole thread, I can gather from the most recent comments that you're blatantly bashing some guy you don't even know.

The songs they wrote when they were 14 are the ones that got them to where they are. they're their "classics" if you will.

Are you suggesting that Megadeth should stop playing their old songs?

Tanbourine? You're so witty.

I can't be bothered wasting my time on this argument any more.

I don't know you at all, but I think reading what you've typed into your computer in a sad attempt to be slightly humurous in a situation where it is clearly not required gives me a good idea of how ridiculous you may actually be in person.

Yeah, all the small things is a classic. A masterpiece.

"Can't be bothered".....

I don't think even need to say anything.

that was kind of the point.... if you'd bothered to read the rest of the thread you'd have understood that. mate.

tre cool is almost as bad, but still better. like i said, best of a bad bunch is still not a good thing

yeah, they are still playing bullshit songs they wrote when they were 14. its them that need to get a grip

observation clearly isn't your thing, stick to the TANbourine.

I don't believe for one second that if you had the opportunity to travel the world, make a very good living, and see thousands upon thousands of people get something out of hearing songs you wrote when you were fourteen, you wouldn't do it, or would 'get a grip'.

You're only really a bad drummer (in a band context) if your playing is proving detrimental to the songs. If you're playing a rudimentary beat but the song works, then you're doing your job (in a band context) ...

I don't believe for one second that if you had the opportunity to travel the world, make a very good living, and see thousands upon thousands of people get something out of hearing songs you wrote when you were fourteen, you wouldn't do it, or would 'get a grip'.

You're only really a bad drummer (in a band context) if your playing is proving detrimental to the songs. If you're playing a rudimentary beat but the song works, then you're doing your job (in a band context) ...

This, this, this, this, this.

being the best of a bad bunch is nothing to boast about

in his genre i'd say tre cool easily blows him away.

best of a bad bunch? Again, you're showing how little you know because you simply don't like it, but if we're giving Blink 182 the 'punk' moniker, then there are plenty of outstanding punk drummers. Bill Stevenson and Brooks Whackerman are extraordinarily good drummers in that genre. It's a completely pointless argument though. You're belittling the ability of musicians in a genre that has never been about impressive musicianship anyway, though there's still plenty of great musicians in there, if you're willing to listen and not be too metal to appreciate things that aren't metal

best of a bad bunch? Again, you're showing how little you know because you simply don't like it, but if we're giving Blink 182 the 'punk' moniker, then there are plenty of outstanding punk drummers. Bill Stevenson and Brooks Whackerman are extraordinarily good drummers in that genre. It's a completely pointless argument though. You're belittling the ability of musicians in a genre that has never been about impressive musicianship anyway, though there's still plenty of great musicians in there, if you're willing to listen and not be too metal to appreciate things that aren't metal

You don't know me. I like plenty other genres.

And Adam, you're the same Adam that used to play bass in 10 easy wishes right? I'd expect you to defend this kind if tripe.

You don't know me. I like plenty other genres.

And Adam, you're the same Adam that used to play bass in 10 easy wishes right? I'd expect you to defend this kind if tripe.

The name gives it away, dude. ;)

You'd expect me to defend Blink-182? Or Travis Barker as a drummer?

Why? Because I played in a pop band that largely sounded nothing like Blink-182?

The bands I have played in have no bearing on my ability to decide whether a guy is talented or not.

I urge you not to bring bands into this argument.