aberdeen-music

08.05.10 // LIARS DICE + The Amorettes + Scandal Extracts

The Ghost Of Fudge

teamFUDGE present Fudgenight at the Moorings Bar

Saturday 8th May, first act about 8.30pm, 3

SYTH + OBLIVION INCARNATE + THE AMORETTES + THE SCANDAL EXTRACTS

228fnfly.jpg

SYTH Syth - Heavy Metal on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Syth have been entertaining metal-heads in Glasgow for the best part of eight years and undoubtedly pioneered the resurgence of melodic metal in the city's metal scene. This time has been spent honing their craft to perfection, with razor sharp riffs, pounding drums, galloping bass lines and soaring vocals. Syth are ready and determined to make fans of unashamed old-school metal the world over sit up and take notice.

OBLIVION INCARNATE Oblivion Incarnate on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Oblivion Incarnate has been on the go since February last year. They're a brutal/technical death metal band.

THE AMORETTES The Amorettes *album out in spring* on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

"From the rude and raunchy lyrics to the tight denim, the all-female three-piece from West Lothian make it abundantly clear that they're here to RAWK. Fusing a classic rock'n'roll sound with a punk rock attitude, the girls are about as subtle as a slap to the face but no less enjoyable for that.." (no idea who said that, mind).

THE SCANDAL EXTRACTS The Scandal Extracts on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

A lo-fi rock trio from Aberdeen in Scotland, influenced by Pavement, Sebadoh, Nirvana, Idlewild, Pearl Jam, Fugazi, Tom Petty, The Boss, Neil Young...

• 1 month later...
... sadly, OBLIVION INCARNATE will no longer be playing this saturday.

i'll take this opportunity to remind everyone that the Moorings is strictly 18+, no exceptions, ever, for anybody, at all, ever. This includes band members I'm afraid.

I'll bring my ID tonight, don't worry.

Stupid question I know, but do you have any kind rough idea of stage times now? I have a remarkably messy night planned tonight and this could very well be a highlight.

• 3 weeks later...