aberdeen-music

CD Pressing

paranoid

I got all our bits done seperately, The Foyer duplicated and printed the CDs for us for 1 per disc (though they gave us a big discount IIRC). Repro Overflow (nears Toms) did the covers and they were really nice people as well. That was supposed to be around 30-40 for 50 covers but they've always given me discount for cash. We just bought the boxes in Tesco, they are cheap as fuck..

I got all our bits done seperately, The Foyer duplicated and printed the CDs for us for 1 per disc (though they gave us a big discount IIRC). Repro Overflow (nears Toms) did the covers and they were really nice people as well. That was supposed to be around 30-40 for 50 covers but they've always given me discount for cash. We just bought the boxes in Tesco, they are cheap as fuck..

Yeah. The good thing about that mobineko place is that if you addor change stuff on (6 page instead of 4 page book fore example), it doesn't cost tonnes extra. All this in very short runs (as low as 50 I believe), which is great for any bands - local or otherwise -that want a professional pressing job done.

And they do deals on common runs eg. run of 200 CD w/ 4 pg book let shrink wrapped in regular jewel case.

Aye, all I need is the discs replicated properly and silk-screened for me. I fancy making card sleeves and I have contacts at printers in town that I'm sure I can get a good rate from. I'll also be doing the design for artwork myself so that saves more money.

We need to work out our options really, but I don't want to put out CD-Rs with shitty full face labels and hand cut photocopied inlays.

Do you not need to be 12 to get stuff through The Foyer? I thought there was an age limit on the whole thing?

o_O

Aye, all I need is the discs replicated properly and silk-screened for me. I fancy making card sleeves and I have contacts at printers in town that I'm sure I can get a good rate from. I'll also be doing the design for artwork myself so that saves more money.

We need to work out our options really, but I don't want to put out CD-Rs with shitty full face labels and hand cut photocopied inlays.

Doesn't have to be just xeroxed inserts in a plastic sleeve if it's done home made. There's loads of way to be a bit more creative with it. There's heaps of websites giving you templates to make handmade card sleeves. Or even just looking at other card sleeves and copying it will do. I agree though. A bit of paper in a plastic wallet is a bit undesirable. Something that looks a bit out of the ordinary makes people pay a bit of attention though. It's hard work, but it's worth the effort, and often cheap as hell.

Do you not need to be 12 to get stuff through The Foyer? I thought there was an age limit on the whole thing?

o_O

It used to be under 24 to use the for the rehearsal room or studio (though they've relaxed that now) but I'm pretty sure anybody can get CDs done. It would be pretty stupid of them to turn away business wouldn't it? The can do the inlays as well but they can only do four "squares", ie you can't get a booklet, just front back and two in the middle. It would be worth asking them anyway.

Doesn't have to be just xeroxed inserts in a plastic sleeve if it's done home made. There's loads of way to be a bit more creative with it. There's heaps of websites giving you templates to make handmade card sleeves. Or even just looking at other card sleeves and copying it will do. I agree though. A bit of paper in a plastic wallet is a bit undesirable. Something that looks a bit out of the ordinary makes people pay a bit of attention though. It's hard work, but it's worth the effort, and often cheap as hell.

Well I'm a graphic designer so that shit is a given. I'm insulted by the "template"suggestion though. Pah.

I do like the idea of something quirky and different.

:up:

That's cool. that link is def your place then. I'm sure you can get 200 silk screened CDs on a spiondle for dirt cheap.

Yeah, 250 discs for 200. That is 80p a disc. Can't really see us getting a better deal than that to be honest.

:up:

That is cheap. I sound like a salesman on this thread, but I looked for ages and I couldn't find anything better. Seems the best for vinyl too. 200 7"s for just under 400 I think with cardboard sleeves an' all.