aberdeen-music

A Written Apology - Dundee Metalcore

xiwiltx

A Written Apology are a five piece technical metalcore band from Dundee. we take influences from bands such as Heartscarved, Norma Jean, Angels Never Answer, Underoath, Dead Blue Sky, Prayer for Cleansing etc.

We have been around for around 4 months, and have just finished recording our first demo CD, with Robin "Mrlizard" Sutherland. one of the tracks, "Blue Eyes and Burials", is up for download on our HXCMP3 page:

http://www.hxcmp3.com/A_Written_Apology

we greatly appreciate any constructive criticism, feedback etc. for anyone interested, the demo is available, free of charge, by e-mailing awrittenapologymusic@hotmail.com, ormyself. in the next month or so we'll be playing in Edinburgh with Narcosis, Ix, and Black, and several dates in and around Dundee. we're looking for out of town shows, so if you have a place for us on a bill at any point we'd be more than happy to fill the gap.

thank you for reading, I look forward to some feedback.

-daveawrittenapology.

I like! thats good shit! Constructive criticism em well the recording is good, fuck I cant really think of a bad thing! Where did u guys record? I like the end with the acoustic guitar at the end but it takes my attention away from the heavy stuff underneath, minor quibble though!

Are you playing Aberdeen soon?

A Written Apology are a five piece technical metalcore band from Dundee. we take influences from bands such as Heartscarved' date=' Norma Jean, Angels Never Answer, Underoath, Dead Blue Sky, Prayer for Cleansing etc.

We have been around for around 4 months, and have just finished recording our first demo CD, with Robin "Mrlizard" Sutherland. one of the tracks, "Blue Eyes and Burials", is up for download on our HXCMP3 page:

[url']http://www.hxcmp3.com/A_Written_Apology

we greatly appreciate any constructive criticism, feedback etc. for anyone interested, the demo is available, free of charge, by e-mailing awrittenapologymusic@hotmail.com, ormyself. in the next month or so we'll be playing in Edinburgh with Narcosis, Ix, and Black, and several dates in and around Dundee. we're looking for out of town shows, so if you have a place for us on a bill at any point we'd be more than happy to fill the gap.

thank you for reading, I look forward to some feedback.

-daveawrittenapology.

hey whats the music scene like in dundee, venues and such like. do you have a range of genres there?

Guest stuartmaxwell

dundee has sonme fucking killer bands

laeto- www.laeto.co.uk

venetian love triangle www.vltmusic.co.uk

mercury tilt switch www.mtsonline.co.uk

alamos www.alamos.co.uk

one inch volcano www.geocities.com/oneinchvolcano

breschnev www.breschnev.com/

spyamp www.spyamp.co.uk

yessa de passo http://yessa_de_paso.tripod.com/yessadepaso/

thee moths www.theemoths.co.uk

findo gask www.findo-gask.com

dundee has sonme fucking killer bands

laeto- www.laeto.co.uk

venetian love triangle www.vltmusic.co.uk

mercury tilt switch www.mtsonline.co.uk

alamos www.alamos.co.uk

one inch volcano www.geocities.com/oneinchvolcano

breschnev www.breschnev.com/

spyamp www.spyamp.co.uk

yessa de passo http://yessa_de_paso.tripod.com/yessadepaso/

thee moths www.theemoths.co.uk

findo gask www.findo-gask.com

all incredibly good bands (although Findo Gask technically from Fife...:p). also watch out for the A Forest (described as somewhere between Yo La Tengo and Broadcast)' date=' Lipsick! (zany casio madness, an acquired taste some say), Eye (incredible ambient improvised Godspeed! style stuff).

hey whats the music scene like in dundee, venues and such like. do you have a range of genres there?

dundee has quite a diverse music scene, plagued with the apathy found in most small cities. for heavier stuff see: Kaddish, the Fall of Boss Koala, Third Born Sun, the Fighting Cougars, Equilibrium. for punk etc, see: Not Your Saviour, Strike at the Source, Crashdown, Spaceman Lance. I don't really have my finger on the punk pulse unfortunately.

I like! thats good shit! Constructive criticism em well the recording is good' date=' fuck I cant really think of a bad thing! Where did u guys record? I like the end with the acoustic guitar at the end but it takes my attention away from the heavy stuff underneath, minor quibble though!

Are you playing Aberdeen soon?[/quote']

thanks for your kind words, we were recorded by Robin Sutherland of Jesus Elephant God and the Fall of Boss Koala, in his house. he did an excellent job, considering he left every 2.56 seconds for a fag break.

we don't have anything upcoming in Aberdeen, but hopefully with a bit more exposure we'll be able to play a few dates. this is a start I suppose. Owen from the Fall of Boss Koala lives in Aberdeen during term, he's talked about getting us on a bill up there. look forward to playing some time in the near future.

Guest Nikola Tesla

The song on HxCmp3 is a fucking immense song! Really good stuff, i like the fact that the production is clear but pretty raw too, which makes it really good to listen to :up:

Hopefully you lot get a gig up here soon, as i know a few people including myself whod be interested in seeing you live.

Bring a copy along on Sat to Narcosis in Dundee and I'll swap you for the new filthpact cd?

hey man, PM me or e-mail yr address and I'll send you that demo asap, sorry I never brought it to the Balcony on Saturday night, I wasn't home to get a copy.

to everyone else, if you'd like to hear the rest of the demo, free of charge, let me know.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i don't care for it much at all, but i think most 'metalcore' bands try to sound the same, ie the slow muted riff i think is stolen from something, vocals are ok and the production ain't bad the guitars sound very thin though.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

the very end bit isn't bad actually but the singer's voice is lacking intensity - too shouty and not screamy enough at the 'heavy' parts

the very end bit isn't bad actually but the singer's voice is lacking intensity - too shouty and not screamy enough at the 'heavy' parts

hmm, I was having problems with my voice during recording. strained my throat on the first day so I couldn't really scream effectively, most everything came out as a shout. I redid a lot, but had to rush the recording.

the recording in general sounds good when I listen to it on a good, loud stereo, but on Dixons-bought style speakers, the guitars do indeed sound very thin. I don't have a very good ear for these things to be quite honest.

anyway, cheers for the honest feedback.