aberdeen-music

Girls In Bands

Lemonade

It was a couple of years ago now but I played a gig with a band called Valentine and there were three girls and a bloke in that band. Not sure if they are still on the go and I'm assuming they were local.

Forgot about them. We played with them years ago, in one of those hilariously mis-matched Tunnels gigs you play on a Tuesday night when you're 15 and rubbish. I quite liked them and bought an EP which was mainly average but had some very good punky pop songs on it. Wonder what happened to them.

that's still 2-1 in favour of guys though eh!

That's one way of looking at it.

Farewell Singapore have a female vocalist, and also happen to be a very good band. Have a swatch Farewell Singapore(EP on ITUNES NOW!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I like this band's sound overall, but that line about the Top Hat in Tim Burton grates on me a bit. And they repeat the same words over and over a lot. Having said that, they're also still young and there's definite potential there.

I like this band's sound overall, but that line about the Top Hat in Tim Burton grates on me a bit. And they repeat the same words over and over a lot. Having said that, they're also still young and there's definite potential there.

I think they're great. Musically they're extremely accomplished, and the songs sound better live, which can only ever be a good thing. I think they are one of the best live bands that I've seen around these parts. They have an ear for a cracking melody, too.

The one with the Shop Assistants...could've been Laura McPhail or Ann Donald..think both played....whichever hit the floor tom when I saw them!

The Shop Assistants were amazing, great drums. They actually had a third female drummer when they briefly reformed I think but it was a very brief reformation.

A lot of my favourite bands have girls in them but there are very few I've ever seen/heard around this area, the 'scene' up here does seem like a bit of a boys club.

I saw a brilliant band in The Tunnels a few years ago who I think were from this area but possibly from Glasgow called something like Beard or The Beards and they had a brilliant girl singer. They were a bit like The Yeah Yeah Yeahs doing early Rilo Kiley, never saw/heard anything from them after that gig but they were superb.

I'm all about the vocalist min. She's fucking incredible.

flagitious-idiosyncrasy-in-the-dilapidation-fid-fig-jap.jpg

Most un-grind looking grind band ever. Breaks my heart that the new guitarist is a dude.

They all have a place in my loins. Beautiful girl - Awesome. Beautiful girl playing great grindcore and doesn't look like a crust punk fuck wit - ....... sorry I laid a lard lump.

Actually, Panda Eyes has had several lasses in that Jan has scared off/sacked. It seems Marie Claire is up to the challenge and sorts him out.

When I first met Jan he explained how things would work.

It was along the lines of:

"Panda Eyes will be like the United Nations. Except I get to be the United States and you get to be Togo."

Honestly. I didn't just make that up. He said it.

When I first met Jan he explained how things would work.

It was along the lines of:

"Panda Eyes will be like the United Nations. Except I get to be the United States and you get to be Togo."

Honestly. I didn't just make that up. He said it.

I wonder which country I am :rolleyes: